Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tuesday- Cocoa Swap Topic and A Song

It's been a rough few days here, but I have felt a calm and peace that I wasn't expecting. God is so good. This song came to mind, one of my favorites, and when I am feeling stressed I often start singing these words, and I KNOW He hears me.



No pictures taken today. I have been knitting up on those dishcloths and got 4 more done today. Yeah 4. I was hoping to get 5 but I am tired so I'll finish them up tomorrow while watching Biggest Loser.

Now for the Cocoa Swap Topic this week...

My recipe for Hot Cocoa...

I have never made hot cocoa except from a package. I have however added a few things to my hot cocoa to make it my own...

Here are two of my favorites...

1 tsp of Peanut Butter (like a Reeses PB cup, yummy)
1 spoon full of International Coffee Mocha flavored (almost like a Dunkachino, yummy)

I know I am a little lame and out of the loop when it comes to homemade cocoa... so I am looking forward to all your recipies. I am forseeing some Christmas gifts made from these homemade batches.


Well that's it for me today. I am hoping Dell calls me in the morning, they tried once today but we were disconnected and they never called back, grrrr.

If I can get the computer stuff done I might even get to the pool tomorrow. I could sure use a swim and a hot tub soak about now.

Have a great night, sweet dreams. I'll see you tomorrow.

AK

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to put crushed up candy cane in with my cocoa mix...mmmm.

Unknown said...

I make hot cocoa from the package as well. If I want it extra good, I use milk instead of water. Yummy!! And I love to add some instant coffee to cocoa for a little "boost" with a chocolate flair.
Hope you get this computer mess taken care of soon!

RoamingKnitter said...

I haven't made cocoa from scratch in many years. I use package but like to stir it with a cinnamon stick. Sort of a Mexican flair.

hakucho said...

Glad you are getting a little relief from all your stress...I know getting your laptop fixed would make you feel really good :)

good luck :)

Anonymous said...

I never thought of putting peanut butter in the cocoa. Great idea. I will have to try it.

I did watch Biggest Loser last night. Very motivating. Maybe instead of sitting and watching it, I should exercise while watching it.

Do you swim laps or are you doing water aerobics or both? I have asthma and am not sure how many laps I would be able to do.

Your Cocoa Swap Pal

Claudia said...

Thanks for the music. I needed this today.

*hugs*

Holly said...

Good idea peanut butter!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me