Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Questionaire for Cocoa Swap 2

The Yarn…
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both? BOTH
2. What is your favorite one-skein project? I guess a Scarf or Charity Squares
What item do you find you knit the most of? Dishcloths
3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you've been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on? I prefer to use circular needles I am always dropping straights, lol. I love my harmony needles. I have DPN's from KnitPicks but I'd like some harmony circulars in the smaller sock sizes but with a longer cord. Still not comfortable with the DPN's yet.
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? Felted slippers, a dishcloth and a pair of socks
What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)? A crocheted afghan I started for my mom 3 years ago, it's a picture with tons of color changes and I get frustrated with it.
5. What are your favorite types of yarns? I love soft sock yarn, cotton, Patons Classic Wool Merino, and anything really. I am a yarn novice, I am just learning there is more to yarn then the color.
Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Nope not really
Anything type/brand of yarn you've been dying to try? Socks that Rock, Squisshy, Dream something... they are all sock yarns I've heard people rave about but I have never seen or even felt. I probably have the names wrong, but I tried, LOL. I have never been in a LYS, just AC Moore and well their selection is... you know.
7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles? I love PINK, mostly pastel pinks, but I also like green, yellow, brown, blues, purple, you name it. If it's pretty I like it. I am very easy to please.
8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had? Hmm good question. I have most little things, I can always use a stitch/row counter thing... and needle protectors to keep the stuff from falling off the needles. Again I am not picky, anything is fine.

The Chocolate
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade? Boxed probably, I recently had gastric bypass surgery so I am banned from sugar. Also Herbal caffeine free Tea would work well instead of Cocoa, I am banned from caffeine too {{sigh}}
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? Neither thank you
3. Do you use any ‘add ins’ Nope
4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months? Year round when I am in the mood
5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person? Mostly just straight, however I used to stir in a little PB with my cocoa for a Reeses type treat. And I bet some mint in it would be good too like a Peppermint Patty. But no sugar. So that would be hard. But flavored herbal teas are good too.
6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites? Never been to Starbucks... but I used to like Dunkin Donuts Duncachino, but see answer to question #1
7. You've just made the perfect cup of cocoa - is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Oh a nice thick mug, one of those big ones.
Where would you sit to drink it? In the living room on my bed
8. You're enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? You know the treat would be not food related... I'd be reading a good book, or watching a movie.
Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky? If I were to have a treat though NUTS would be my choice. I love Cashews, pistachios, almonds and macadamia nuts. Yummy

It’s all YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking? I like counted cross stitch, and decorative painting
2. Do you collect anything? I collect magnets, and I like journals
3. What is your favorite part of Winter? The Holidays and the Hope of Spring
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? I love most scents like in candles
Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body? My favorite body scent is Lady Stetson.
5. Are you allergic to anything? Nope
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID? Yes, gimpykatk
7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day? Knitting and watching a favorite movie on TV
8. What’s your favorite animal? Serta Sheep and Pink Flamingos

3 comments:

SimplyMe said...

you like to watch movies???? *wink*

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the questionaire answers. It will good to get to know you. I've read through your blog and think you are really great in doing all that you do.

Good luck with the swimming and weight loss.

And I look forward to spoiling you.

Your CocoaSwap Pal

Teresa said...

Very interesting. Even though I'm not in the swap it is fun to read about you.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me