Thursday, January 1, 2009

Thursday- What A Start To The New Year


This is the chart for the afghan I want to make for my mom. I actually started it 3 years ago, and put it away. I decided that this year I will finish this UFO. Well I originally thought the blanket would be too small so I doubled the pattern, yeah that was a dumb move. I got up about 10 inches but it was barely up to the wrist pattern wise. I have decided to start over, and follow the pattern exactly and then if I want it bigger I'll just add a border. Duh why didn't I think of this sooner, it might have been done already.
~
I had to do some digging to find the box of all the colors of yarn I bought to make this. It was a little dusty being stored on the floor in the back of the closet. But no mice were there, no yarn appears to have been eaten so all is good, right?
~
I have lost the instructions though, so all I can do is follow the chart. I'll post progress as I go. So far I have done one row, LOL... this may take all year.
~
The heat broke again last night, no wonder it was so cold when I was going to bed. We got it running again but it's not likely it will last the winter. We may need to get some space heaters to get us through to Spring.
~
I am tired, and think I'll cover up with the blankets and try to sleep. I hope you can do the same.
Sweet Dreams
~
AK

9 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

That is going to be a beautiful afghan. Don't forget photos before you give it to her!
Awww...I hope you get that heat situation straightened out soon. I hate to think of you being cold.
Hugs!

SimplyMe said...

sleep tight and heal quickly, bundle up tight and GO GET A SPACE HEATER. Less than 20 bucks = a world of difference.

sailorcross said...

WOW!!! That is beautiful!!! I can't wait to see pictures of it in progress.

And just think, the bigger it gets the warmer you will be!!

I'm sorry to hear that the heating situation is again a problem. It's was 20 degrees here yesterday, and my living room was cold with heat, so I can imagine what it is like without heat.

And YES--space heaters can make all the difference!! I had one running in my living room yesterday just to take the chill off occasionally.

Beth

Wendy said...

I have 2 space heaters to make it through the cold...one in the kitchen and one in the living room. We do have heat, but only 2 heat ducts,(kitchen and living room) and we do not control the heat, we wake up most mornings and it is only like 60 in here, and poor Jack is cold as it is, I want a new house/home soooo bad. I wish something would give and we could move out of here into a place that does not make us sick, we control the heat and has more room.....

Unknown said...

that afghan looks gorgeous. I hope your heating situation gets better somehow. I have a small heater in the kids room since there is no heat duct in there. The warmest room in the house. At least to take the chill off. I can't imagine going through Jan. without heat.

Unknown said...

Sending you warm hugs Kathy gurl. You do need a space heater and an electric blankie to wrap around you to warm up. I pray that the heater works until you can get it fixed.

Sew Many Stitches said...

That is a beautiful pattern! Where can I get one? I would love to make one for my Mom too. Could you email me at quiltgrany@yahoo.com with the info?

Thanks - Deb

Teresa said...

I am sooooooo far behind on checking blogs and I love reading yours so much. Today is a quiet day, the first in quite some time and I am going to do a bit of catching up.
What a beautiful afghan! I am anxious to see your progress and I will help cheer you on.

Teresa said...

Are you staying warm? We are pretty cold here but I am blessed to have heat. I hope yours is working.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me