Friday, January 30, 2009

Friday- Finished-Frogged and February News

Yes I finished several things this week. I knitted up two round dishcloths, and made 8 headbands, finished and felted a pair of slippers. Here is a quick glimpse of these projects.
AND THE THING THAT WENT WRONG

This was a scarf I started over the summer to teach my physical therapist how to knit. Unfortunatley the yarn and I had a parting of ways... it did not knit evenly and was full of knots and broken pieces. I need to find a smaller project to use it with, I LOVE the color and the sparkles in it. It's just not made for a scarf.
And this is what I have now...

I had to drive my youngest son home this morning from dropping off his brothers car at the dealership... and he noticed that I have several inches now between my stomach and the steering wheel. There was a day when I could barely turn the wheel because it was jammed into my belly. I no longer have to tilt the steering wheel up and today I was thinking I actually need to move the seat up a little, I was stretching to reach the gas and brake pedals.
~
Adam and I have been hanging out all afternoon. I decided to take a break from the headbands and make another pair of felted slippers. I am going to try to do this pair all in one color. The folding may get complicated but I think I can figure it out. This will be a small child size pair, in PINK of course. Maybe pictures to follow this weekend.
~
Sunday is February 1st and my month long contest will begin. I hope you all can stick around and play. I love giving away the prizes. This time I am probably only going to have 1 grand prize, BUT I may have a couple surprises in store on a day not to be revealed ahead of time. You will have to be here to know and to WIN.
~
Have a wonderful night everyone. Sweet Dreams.
~
AK

8 comments:

SimplyMe said...

I'm here.

When am I gonna know?

Just kiddin'

I didn't know about that pink yarn that isn't going to be a scarf. It's pretty.

Pink? You? Slippers?

NO WAY!!!

Wendy said...

I really like that yarn color also..too bad it was not meant to be a scarf...I know you will find something wonderful to make with it...
HUGS

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

Your finished projects are wonderful:)Love the slippers.I wont be posting for awhile but wanted to give you a ((((Hug))))Darcy

smariek said...

That's a lot of headbands. I like the pink/purple one best. I still think you're crazy to try to knit so many items in one year. Hope that lovely purple yarn finds its new purpose soon.

Unknown said...

Have I told you how much I love your headbands? Really.
You've had a very productive week. I'm happy for you.
Can't wait to see the new slippers and the contest. Yay!!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing those FO pictures. That pink yarn looks lovely, can't wait to see what you eventually decide to make out of it.

Hugs!!!

RoamingKnitter said...

You had such a creative, productive week. Your slippers felted beautifully and the headbands are darling. There has got to be a "right" project for that beautiful scarf yarn. You'll be inspired & pick the one that works.

Congrats on the newly achieved inches of space! Just another milepost on your road to better health.

I'll get a post about your contest up tomorrow. So much fun to see who drops by.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the steering wheel space. It's the little things that make it all worth it!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me