Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thursday- Sunshine Makes Me Happy

Ok it's mighty cold here in the North East and it's just getting colder. This is the Hudson River. You know the fishing hole where my husband spends most of his summer.
It was frozen solid, but the ice breaker barge has been going through trying to break it up, but it sure doesn't look like there is going to be any fishing going on here for some time.

I worked on designing a new pattern today. I have been wanting to teach myself how to make those round cloths. So after frogging about 7 attempts this was what I ended up with.

Knitted with Peaches and Creme Daisy Ombre... I think I am going to call it...
SUNSHINE Makes Me Happy...

I will be adding the free pattern to my pattern blog tomorrow and also on Ravelry.
~
Adam comes tomorrow so I best get my beauty sleep, don't want to frighten the poor kid now do we?
~
You all have a wonderful night and sweet dreams.
~
AK

10 comments:

SimplyMe said...

*smile*

Wendy said...

Love the cloth...ROUND stuff, knitted, still scares me..maybe one day I will be brave enough to try it..
right now we are -2 with a wind chill of -17.....way too cold for me...my body does not agree with these temps anymore, I am so throught with winter.
Hope you slept well...HUGS

Unknown said...

I like round cloths. And I need a little WARM sunshine today. Get ready, cause I'm sending this freezing cold stuff your way!

leah said...

What a pretty design!

hakucho said...

Very pretty sunny cloth :)

Anonymous said...

It is very sunshiny. The cloth that is. But the snow sure does look cold. Brrrrr.

Your SP13

sailorcross said...

I really like this cloth a lot!! You did an excellent job with this!

Cold? Yes, we're cold here, too! 9 degrees when I left for work this morning with wind chills of -10 to -15. Then we had a heat wave this afternoon--the temperature rose to 11 degrees!! It's down to 8 now, and I'm about ready to climb under the covers for the night!!

Beth

Norm Deplume said...

Sunshine makes me happy, too. Thanks to to your blog comment, I now have a new item on my to-do list, too. That's a really cute little cloth/doily. I love to keep cute stuff like this on hand as thank-you gifts. :)

Teresa said...

Very pretty dishcloth. I have never tried a round one. I will have to give yours a shot.

Natalie Rush said...

Stay safe and try to keep warm!! I'd love to spend at least a day with some snow!

I love the sunshine dishcloth pattern! Maybe I should knit and send to my MIL in Ohio to bring some sun into her day!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me