Violet the Guilty sheep was arrested on January 21st, 2009 for the theft of a Violet colored blanket. Thanks to the brilliant detectives, the Dunnit's, Violet was caught red (or violet) handed with the goods on her back. It was "sheer" astute detective skills that kept this crime from unraveling and brought this mystery to an end, even Sherlock Holmes would have been proud.
Hugh Dunnit was quoted saying " It was just a matter of sewing the pieces together, even the smallest clue played a part in this tail."
Violet the sheep admitted to her guilt but smiled as they took her away saying " Can you blame me? I mean really, this blanket matches my eyes perfectly."
Violet was sentenced to community service, she will be donating wool to local yarn shops for the rest of her life.
Today was a pretty good day. Dell called and they are sending me a new hard drive. Of course I will be installing this somehow... where does a hard drive go on a laptop anyway?
I called the electriction that wired part of our house when we bought in 15 years ago. My husband thought he was not doing this type of work anymore, so that's why I didn't call him first, even though I wanted to. Well turns out he is still working and came down today. He fixed part of the problem and will be back to try to find out what the rest is. Turns out there was two different issues. Not related as far as we can see, but if the first issue hadn't happened causing us to cut the power to half the house we would have had a major fire for sure. God is so good.
I made it to support group tonight. I really missed those, haven't been to one since the week before Thanksgiving. I was really blessed there, and am so glad to have these people as a part of my life.
On a sad note... my son Jim witnessed a pedestrian get killed by a vehicle this afternoon. He was a young college student crossing the street, maybe 17 or 18 years old. he had a green light when he started but was walking slow and the light turned red. He realized and started to run, my son was the first car in line at the red light so he waited to go so the boy could get across. Another car, and SUV, was not so patient and pulled out of the line into the outside lane and sped up to get through and hit the kid hard. Please pray for the family of this young boy and for the driver of the SUV, also a young man, and for my son who was undersrtandably shaken up. You just never know when your life will be through, we need to be ready all the time.
I started another pair of felted slippers today and finished one... I am now a couple projects ahead of my yearly goal. I so like being ahead instead of behind.
Oh weigh in was good, I lost 6 1/2 pounds this week. I am so close to one of my mini goals, maybe by next week, but definately by the end of the month.
I guess that's about it for me tonight, it's been a crazy day. Good but crazy. I am ready for a good nights sleep.
Sweet dreams everyone and I'll see you all tomorrow.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
- Saturday- See What I Managed To Do?
- Friday- Finished-Frogged and February News
- Thursday- Heartache and Memories
- Wednesday- Well What Have We Here?
- Monday- Bare Foot In the Park? Ice don't think so....
- Monday- Cocoa Swap Topic #3 and 28 and counting
- Sunday- So The Weekend Ends...
- Saturday- Sniffling and Sneezing
- Friday- Finished Again
- Thursday- Violet is Caught
- Wednesday- Well I Finally Caught Up
- Tuesday- Cocoa Swap Topic and A Song
- Monday- Greetings from the Desktop Computer
- Sunday- Smokin' and Sorrow
- Saturday- I Used My NOGGIN Today
- Friday- Finishing Not Frogging
- Thursday- Sunshine Makes Me Happy
- Wednesday- Well...Whatcha Think?
- Tuesday- Take Two, Take Three, Take ???
- Monday- Mangled Maddness & A Makeover
- Sunday- See me in the SNOW, Nana?
- Saturday- Shopping, Snow, and now Sleep
- Friday- Say it Isn't So
- Thursday- Teaser
- Wednesday- Well Here they are, Finally
- Tuesday- Taking Care Of Business
- Questionaire for Cocoa Swap 2
- Monday- It's A Mystery
- Sunday- So do you think I should be committed?
- Saturday- So Wanna See A Difference?
- Friday- You mean it's not Saturday???
- Thursday- What A Start To The New Year
- ▼ January (32)
- ► 2008 (365)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States