What's up with this??? The puzzle is labeled for right and left hands but they are backwards. In order for Adam to match his hands to the puzzle he had to criss cross them, LOL.
Looks like he criss crossed his eyes too just thinking about this, LOL.
Well finally here are the pictures from dinner with Dave and Ruth. Sorry for the off colors, I tried to adjust them but it wasn't happening. The room was dark and the lighting was almost red.
The restaurant is called Delmonico's it's an Italian Steakhouse and it's delicious.
This picture is of the menu... if you can see the caricatures pictured on the menu, well they are all over the restaurant, all famous people like Sinatra and the Rat Pack, Sylvester Stallone and Elizabeth Taylor, you name them they are probably somewhere on the wall.
This picture is of me and Ruth. Ruth of course is the skinny one, she has lost like 30 pounds or more and looks fantastic. Looks like we are from "Mars" or something we look so reddish/orange.
Next we have my husband Gary and Ruth's husband Dave. Honestly they really aren't "Purple People Eaters" Gary has on the glasses. Notice the boxers on the wall behind them, and the "Sinatra Room" off to the side?
I do have some more pictures, of the new sock yarn I got in the mail last week and the pattern to knit the socks with it. I joined a sock club... not monthly though just every other month. At least until I get back to work and have more money, but then I'll have less time... oh what will I do?
As for my good news... I guess I can give you a little taste. As most of you know I am in the process of having surgery and I needed to meet with a Nutritionist to finalize everything. Well she was booked until October, and this would not allow me to be ready in time to have the surgery on my birthday. So I have been praying for a cancellation... and last week there was one and I got in on Thursday. Basically now all that remains is the attending of two seminars and losing another 14 pounds. I can do it.
The other news was about my dog Lady. I have been trying to get help getting her to the Vet or the pound. She is in really bad shape and I don't have the finances to take care of things. It looked like last week I had two good leads to handle this but so far neither has come through yet. So this is still in the works. I am believing that God will provide. Poor Lady can no longer stand on either of her back legs, she just drags herself around, it's breaking my heart.
Guess that's about it for now. Adam is still here, he came to church with me today. I love to bring him, everyone loves to see him.
Oh I did get to the Y yesterday and I swam 1/2 a mile again, but this time I swam without stopping. I know without a doubt I can swim much more then that next time. Maybe even a whole mile. The first 2 or 3 laps are the hardest but after that I am good to go and go and go.
See you all tomorrow, I'll announce the winner of this final contest week. Remember all comments today count as an entry too.
Sunday, August 31, 2008
- ► 2009 (272)
- Sunday- Puzzle Hands, Women from Mars and Purple ...
- Saturday- Loving God, Loving Adam and Loving Knitt...
- Friday- Finality Sinks In,,, The End Is Near
- Thursday- It's Going To be A GREAT Day
- Wednesday- Working For The Cure
- Tuesday- Throw It Away, Tsk, Tsk, Tsk
- Monday- Hmm Maybe I Read That Wrong?? LOL
- Sunday- Surprise...Swimming To the Gold
- Saturday- Sew what's UP?
- Friday- Enjoy The Show?
- Thursday- Good, to Bad to Great Yeah... that was m...
- Wednesday- What Happened To Summer?
- Tuesday- Tales of Talc, Tubs, Telephones and T.......
- Monday- Move That Mountain
- Sunday- Squares Squares and more Squares
- Virtual Tour Of My Home Town
- Saturday- Scarf it UP!!!!
- Friday- Squares, Squares, Squares have me running ...
- Thursday- Well I am sane...at least my DR said so,...
- Wednesday- Wondering Why I Don't Live In Water
- Tuesday- Thunderstorms and Thumbs
- Monday- Make the Day Count, You'll Never Get It Ba...
- Sunday- So Here's what I've Been Doing
- Saturday- Sharing Simple Summer Swap Sweetness
- Friday- Time Flies Fast but you already knew that ...
- Thursday- Hello? Hello? Hello?
- Wednesday- Idols, Pests and Riddles... Hooray???
- Tuesday- Taste the Sweetness of Sugar Cubes
- Monday Madness
- Sunday- Sock It To Me, and Scarf it Up
- Saturday- Strawberries, Singing and Swaps
- Friday- Finally Over, or Feeling Optimistic... You...
- ▼ August (32)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States