Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tuesday- Thunderstorms and Thumbs


What does that title mean??? NO clue, LOL. I just wanted something different to say then Tuesday is try a new stitch day, LOL.

The picture above is of the two dishcloths I finally finished yesterday. Honestly I tried and frogged 4 times. They are part of the ETSY order, and are both of the pattern I designed (Windows of Heaven and Sprinkles) I still have 2 more to knit up today so I can mail them out tomorrow. Hopefully no more frogging for me.

ONTO CONTEST STUFF

TUESDAY IS TRY A NEW STITCH DAY (as if you didn't know that already, lol)

I spent some time searching for a stitch that didn't seem too complicated yet looked pretty. I finally decided on this one... It's a lacy stitch so will involve yarn overs and knitting 2 together but I think you knitters out there can do it for sure.

Waterfall Pattern Stitch

Waterfall Pattern Stitch

Works on multiples of 6 plus 3 stitches. (ie: co 33, or 39 etc)

Waterfall Pattern Stitch

Works on multiples of 6 plus 3 stitches.

Row 1 (wrong side): Knit 3, *purl 3, knit 3. Repeat from * across.

Row 2: Purl 3, *knit 3, yo, purl 3. Repeat from * across.

Row 3: Knit 3, *purl 4, knit 3. Repeat from * across.

Row 4: Purl 3, *knit 1, knit2tog, yo, knit 1, purl 3. Repeat from * across.

Row 5: Knit 3, *purl 2, purl2tog, knit 3. Repeat from * across.

Row 6: Purl 3, *knit 1, yo, knit2tog, purl 3. Repeat from * across.

Repeat these 6 rows for pattern.


So to get an entry today for this weeks prize (small needle holder) all you need to do is comment about this stitch. Did you try it? Are you going to try it? Do you think it's too complicated... too easy? Ugly? Have you done it in the past? What did you think of it? ETC... of course all you really need to do is comment to get the entry, it doesn't matter what you comment about, LOL

******************
News on the home front... My water therapy was canceled due to thunder and lightening. BUMMER. I so wanted to swim, NO I NEEDED to swim. I go again tomorrow and I think NO rain on Wednesday. It's raining again today. We had some pretty major flooding yesterday, some places over 6 feet under water, and these are only a few minutes form my house. Yeah, scary. Especially because we live only blocks from the River.

Well I am off to get dinner in the crock pot... going to try Shelly's Aztec Chicken tonight. OK it's not really her recipe but she found it first so I am calling it hers, LOL

Have a wonderful day

Oh and RAH RAH to my Ravelolymompic Knitletes. LOL Hope you are all keeping up with the pace.

Oh and I did join the Dish Rag Tag and I am on team 16. Sweet 16, which I predict will be #1 at the end, LOL.

AK

18 comments:

Jane said...

That pattern will be good practice for lace. maybe I can combine that with one of my other committments that my dear friends have gotten me into! Have you finished those 74 squares yet???

Wendy said...

I have printed the stitch and will add it to the others....if I ever get on the ball and get those felted bags done, I can get busy and try the stitches out...I should have no problem with the YO and K2T or P2T....and I am new to the stuff..
Have a great day....

SimplyMe said...

Hope you like the chicken half as much as we did, but considering the ingredients...I think I'm safe.

teabird said...

Love the stitch! It looks viney. I'll definitely try it. Wouldn't it be pretty in a slightly variegated lace for a scarf?
Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

I have seen that stitch before and it is lovely. Whenever I make a cloth with an openwork stitch to give to someone, they put it away because it's "too pretty to be used!" Now I make durable cloths that can get down and get dirty!

Have a blessed day, and keep the umbrella nearby.

Unknown said...

I like the stitch pattern. That would make a great scarf. It's very pretty.

Not much rain here. Our grass is looking pretty dry. I hope it bypasses you...flooding is horrible.

I like your cloths. Very nice. And interesting.

Have a great day!!

vickie said...

yes i will definately try this pattern it is very cute i love lacei patterns

Unknown said...

Hope you get to swim tomorrow! Wish I was a knitter! It is so pretty.

Jess

danielle said...

Lovely pattern - I am definitely going to save it to try out!

So sorry about no swimming - it would be loverly if you would send some of your rain my way!!

Oh, and thank you for reading my blog all the time!

Kenyetta said...

I love your cloths!
The stitch looks complicated, I will give it a go soon.

sailorcross said...

This stitch is beautiful!! I need a new scarf for the winter, and this stitch looks perfect!!

I'm sorry you didn't get to swim. But, thunder, lightening and water just don't mix, and I want you to be safe.

Speaking of thunderstorms, we had some really bad ones yesterday before I left for work--someone in my Small Group had their chimney struck by lightening. This completely blew apart their chimney, damaged their roof, the roof to their deck, the TV, the air conditioning system, the garage door opener, and things probably yet to be discovered.

His daughter was just getting out of the shower when this happened, and we're thanking God that they are all alright. All the damage can be repaired and replaced, but these special people cannot be replaced!

Oh, so team 16 is going to be #1??

No, I think team #23 is going to be #1!!

Natalie Rush said...

Hope you get to swim soon. The dishcloths look great! And dinner sounds yummy!! I really want a big crockpot to cook in. I only have a tiny one. :)

Ally Jay said...

I think the stitch pattern is very pretty. I am going to give it ago when I dxesign my next sweater.

Georgi said...

No it won't be Team 16 or 23 who win the Dish Rag Tag! The winners are going to be the Cotton Conquerors, Team 12. :-)

Turtle said...

cool stitch! but i have been busy with lots of new cable stitches on a hat i'm making! love those new dishcloths. stay safe with those storms! mom keeps telling me about them!

Unknown said...

Kathy,

That is a really nice stitch. I didn't try it. I was actually thinking about trying it with the yarn that I am using for one of the Ravelympics things but thought it better that I save it until after the contest is over.

Have a great day.

Mary Lynn

hakucho said...

Very pretty :)

Lil Knitter said...

I can see that stitch as a really pretty scarf.

Bummer about the water therapy. Isn't it strange how you're flooding up there and down here we're in a severe drought. We're almost to mandatory water conservation now.

Hugs!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me