Sunday, August 10, 2008

Sunday- So Here's what I've Been Doing

Well this day has gotten away from me for sure. I have been knitting, searching for a pattern, watching NASCAR and then I remembered I NEVER blogged this morning, oops.

So here's my progress so far

A dishcloth (Grandma's favorite, except I didn't do any yarn overs cause I couldn't remember what to do so I just did an increase on each end and then decreased on the ends on the way back, lol)

This is one of the squares I made for LUKE. if you missed this story you can read about it on Michelle's blog. It's amazing the response received from all the wonderful caring people in blogland. This is a dog I got the pattern from Rhonda's pattern site Knitting Knonsense
Here is the progress on my socks... I haven't touched them in almost a week... I turned the heel but that was it.
Here is another view on my foot... it came out dark and blurry but I hoep you can see it anyway.

I just wanted to let you all know Maggie at Close Knit Hugs is having a little Olympic challenge to knit squares for Iowa flood victims. You can visit her site and sign up... she is looking for squares and also wants to get some of the states that aren't on her map added as well. Please consider even 1 square, made with inexpensive yarn, knitted or crocheted, preferably 8x8 but she takes all sizes.

And it's already mentioned on the contest section in my side bar but I wanted to make a little avatar for Shelly as she is having a contest to compliment Maggies. Make sure you check it out. You should be able to get there by clicking on Shelly's feet, LOL

I guess that's about it for me for now. I have no clue what to do for the prize next week. Gonna stew over that for a bit, and hopefully get inspired. I have a couple ideas and just need to work them out.

6 comments:

leah said...

You have gotton so much done! The dog square will be perfect!

Lil Knitter said...

You've made a lot of progress on that sock for not touching it in a week. You go girl!
I need to see if I have any squares the right size and send them...I have so much going on now that I think I may be in over my head. Oh well...I'll dig my out one day. :P
Hugs!

SimplyMe said...

So THAT'S my punishment for shooting off my mouth yesterday.....3 weeks of people tickling my feet.

TICKLE ON!!!

Katie O said...

Glad you had a great sunday. Me too. Visited with my mom and grandparents. Gonna see a high school friend tomorrow, an aunt and my dad again. Tuesday is time with mom then back to Dtown.

Turtle said...

You have been busy! i love all these charity knit events happening right now, sadly i have no time to even do much personal knitting lately! Come winter, yes! enjoy the remaining hours in your weekend! Lots of canning done today, sigh, yes!

smariek said...

I've been out of the blog reading loop in recent weeks for various reasons and am just catching up a little now. I had never thought of making Grandma's Favorite without the Yarn Overs, it looks just as good without them. What I love about that cloth how it is such an effective scrubbing cloth. I think I've made that dog cloth before!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me