Well last night I finished stitching the blankets together, and this morning I did the crochet borders before I went to church. Here are the finished products. I will be mailing them to Maggie at Close Knit Hugs tomorrow.
This is the eight inch squares blanketAnd these are the 9 1/2 inch squares
Sorry about the light issues in the photos, I had my son hold them up so I could snap a quick photo so I could blog before Sunday was over already. LOL And well you can see it wasn't the best conditions for picture taking.
Not sure if you remember but I said I received 2 packages last week. One I posted yesterday and the other was the Honeysuckle sock yarn I bought from Cinders. It's even prettier then I hoped it would be. Now to find the perfect sock pattern to knit it up into.
We had a surprise visit at church today, my friends Ruth and Dave, who used to live here locally and moved down South, currently in Savannah Georgia we there. Now I talk to Ruth on the phone everyday and she told me they were going to North Carolina this weekend, the little sneak. LOL. Anyway I haven't seen them in 2 years and it was a great surprise. I am hoping we can get together one night this week and go to dinner before they head back home again.
Another surprise... Adam called. He wanted to see Nana (that's me, lol) So I picked him up after church and we took a trip to the Y for a 2 1/2 hour play date in the pool. This time I got him to wear the safety belt and he had a ball. He was swimming everywhere. He's laying next to me now watching Diego save the dinosaur. He already watched Diego save the moon. LOL, great TV going on at Nana's house. I know you are all jealous.
Now that the squares are done I am going to work on a couple designs I have in my head for dishcloths and I need to make up some snowman scarves for the ETSY store and there are the Red Scarves too. Never a lack of things to be done around here.
I'll see you all tomorrow when I announce the winner of the stitch markers from this weeks contest and start the final week of the 2 month long contest. I am always sad to see them end, but I know the break is good for us all, lol.
Make sure you stick around in September though as I am going to run a poll regarding prizes for some of the upcoming contests (October and December and January) I have a few thoughts and I'd like to know what you all think about them.
Ok I guess that's it. Hope your day was filled with surprises and laughter.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Sunday- Puzzle Hands, Women from Mars and Purple ...
- Saturday- Loving God, Loving Adam and Loving Knitt...
- Friday- Finality Sinks In,,, The End Is Near
- Thursday- It's Going To be A GREAT Day
- Wednesday- Working For The Cure
- Tuesday- Throw It Away, Tsk, Tsk, Tsk
- Monday- Hmm Maybe I Read That Wrong?? LOL
- Sunday- Surprise...Swimming To the Gold
- Saturday- Sew what's UP?
- Friday- Enjoy The Show?
- Thursday- Good, to Bad to Great Yeah... that was m...
- Wednesday- What Happened To Summer?
- Tuesday- Tales of Talc, Tubs, Telephones and T.......
- Monday- Move That Mountain
- Sunday- Squares Squares and more Squares
- Virtual Tour Of My Home Town
- Saturday- Scarf it UP!!!!
- Friday- Squares, Squares, Squares have me running ...
- Thursday- Well I am sane...at least my DR said so,...
- Wednesday- Wondering Why I Don't Live In Water
- Tuesday- Thunderstorms and Thumbs
- Monday- Make the Day Count, You'll Never Get It Ba...
- Sunday- So Here's what I've Been Doing
- Saturday- Sharing Simple Summer Swap Sweetness
- Friday- Time Flies Fast but you already knew that ...
- Thursday- Hello? Hello? Hello?
- Wednesday- Idols, Pests and Riddles... Hooray???
- Tuesday- Taste the Sweetness of Sugar Cubes
- Monday Madness
- Sunday- Sock It To Me, and Scarf it Up
- Saturday- Strawberries, Singing and Swaps
- Friday- Finally Over, or Feeling Optimistic... You...
- ▼ August (32)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States