Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday- Finality Sinks In,,, The End Is Near

The End is drawing near. Today is the last official contest post... However Monday is when the final winner will be announced. As always any comments made over the weekend will count as entries. This 62 days really went pretty fast, don't you think?

No worries though, I still plan on blogging daily (I have committed to 365 daily blog posts this year) so please keep coming back even though the contest will be on a 30 day rest. I will be having a weekly poll to help me decide on the prizes for the next few contests coming up. So I really would love your input, it's important to me.

Oh and for yesterdays contest, the pictures sock yarn stash... which by the way was NOT mine. I can't even remember who sent me the picture, I thought it was Melanie, but she guessed and guessed wrong, so maybe not, LOL. Anyway there were 44 balls/skeins of sock yarn. So how did you do?

OK ONTO FRIDAY'S CONTEST STUFF

FRIDAY is Find the Finished Object day

Below you will see a cropped picture snagged from one of your blogs. I visited all the blogs from whoever commented on Thursday and chose this one to feature today. Your assignment is to find the blog this picture came from.

Post in the comment section where you think you saw this and receive another entry in this weeks contest. If you don't have time to blog hop no worries, any old comment, well new comment will do. LOL.

Remember the main purpose of this assignment is to visit other blogs and say Hi to them and leave a comment. It's so encouraging when others visit your blog, and show an interest and let you know they were there. You know you love it, so of course every one else does too. Hopefully you will get a chance to visit a few of them today.

We had a wonderful dinner last night. I really miss seeing my friends on a regular basis, even though we talk on the phone almost everyday. The restaurant was packed. I was shocked for a Thursday night. I think there were 17 birthday people there, we kept hearing this clapping, than sparklers passing by and singing and flashes from a camera. Looks like most of Upstate NY was born on August 28th and they all celebrate it at Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse, LOL. I took a few pictures which I will share over the weekend.

I will also expand on the PRAISE reports I mentioned yesterday. They are still in the works but I am believing that the answers are here already, just settling in. God is good.

I picked up Adam this morning so I should maybe have some Adam pictures this weekend too. The Pool is closed Monday for the Holiday so I hope to get there maybe today and tomorrow and maybe even Sunday. Can I do three days in a row? Why not.

Have a great Friday and holiday weekend just in case you are going away.
Praying for those in the path of the storms brewing.

AK

17 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

I love finding new knitting blogs. My poor feed reader is stuffed with so many but I always seem to find one more that I have to read.

Turtle said...

sounds like a great birthday! do not know who the socks are from but they are pretty!

SimplyMe said...

Hakucho's socks.......cos I have them in my queue to knit. I have that exact yarn and LOVE how those turned out.

I don't remember what I guessed, but I KNOW I wish that stash was mine!

Have fun with Adam today.

Unknown said...

You know, I really really like this contest. It was so much fun visiting daily and commenting. I haven't won, but that's ok too. I found my friend Kandi here, and looked at and enjoyed some other blogs. Very nice. Thanks so much for doing this, and sending out a prize every week! You rock. Have a great Holiday Weekend!!

Wendy said...

No blog hoping for me today....I m ungrounded now, so crocheting I am doing...started a market bag, and hope to get a few of those done for the sale, then onto other things....
Hope you have a great day with Adam.

leah said...

Thanks for the prayers! We continue to pray for the storm to weaken!!! I'm glad that you will still be posting lots after the contest! I feel like I have a new friend and would hate to not hear as much from your corner of the world! :)

Kenyetta said...

Nice socks!
Enjoy your weekend, glad you had a nice time last night.

sailorcross said...

Those are beautiful socks!!

You know that I'll be visiting you, contest or not.

I'm so glad you had a good time last night--it's always so wonderful to see and visit with friends--especially when we haven't seen them in a while.

Talk to you tomorrow!!

Beth

smariek said...

I am amazed that you can blog every day. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Katie O said...

Can't wait to hear more about the good news. swim swim swim away!! I'm so proud of you for being dedicated!! good for you!! :)

mamarara said...

After going through quite a few blogs I finally found the socks on Hakucho's blog. Those are really pretty socks.

Sew Many Stitches said...

Found them on Hakucho's page - and she has 6! I can not imagine keeping up that many blogs AND as well as they are too! I was in awe of all of the pics on her gallery site - found some items I have been looking for too-thank you!

Glad you had a good dinner and have a safe and blessed holiday.

Deborah

ikkinlala said...

I don't know whose socks those are (and don't have time to find them today), but they are very nice!

Maria said...

Glad you had a nice dinner!! I didn't have time to check blogs but those are cute socks!

Maria said...

Oh, and also, I liked how you pointed out that people like to have their blogs visited! It really is nice, isn't it! I have to get into doing that more often, too!! Thanks for promoting that point!!

Lil Knitter said...

My guess proved it wasn't me. lol
I just WISH I had that much sock yarn. lol
Hugs!

hakucho said...

Ha, ha...those socks look very familiar ;)

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me