OK it's done. All 75 squares are finished. I will confess I had some already started before the contest on Close Knit Hugs started, whenever I am knitting or crocheting if I have a little left over from the yarn I start a square. Also when I try a new pattern from a KAL I often knit them with acrylic first and then use those as squares for Maggie too.
These 5 single squares are from patterns I have designed and a couple KALS.And here is what 70 ready to stitch together squares look like. The pile on the left are 8" squares and the pile on the right are 9 1/2" squares. I will be stitching them together today into 2 afghans and then everything will be ready to mail to Michigan on Monday.
I also mentioned I received a package this week... from Beth. Inside was a bookmark she has been making for me and two books that I have been wanting to read, and two CD's from her worship team at church singing.
Here is a close up of the beautiful bookmark.
I did go to the Y again this week, so that makes 3 days of exercise. Monday I did 8 laps in the pool (each lap totals 50 yards) Wednesday I did 10 laps. So Friday I decided to do 12 laps. 36 laps equals a mile by the way so 12 laps would be 1/3 of a mile. Not too shabby for a human sized like a whale, huh? Well I actually did 14 laps on Friday and it felt wonderful. I may even go again on Sunday after church and shoot for 16. My goal is to get to 18 which is 1/2 mile and then work on doing them more in a row. Right now I do 2 laps then some walking with weights, 2 more laps, more walking etc. Maybe one day I will be able to do 18 without stopping.
Not much else is new here yet. Let's see what today brings. I know I promised another story but not today. Maybe tomorrow. I guess I kinda want to forget the bad stuff and just focus on the positive today.
Hmm I just noticed my arm/shoulder is hurting. Must have slept on a nerve or something. Or maybe it was the marathon crocheting last night to finish these squares.
I'll be back tomorrow, with another funny cartoon too.
Remember all comments over the weekend are still counted towards the weekly contest prize.
Have a wonderful weekend.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Sunday- Puzzle Hands, Women from Mars and Purple ...
- Saturday- Loving God, Loving Adam and Loving Knitt...
- Friday- Finality Sinks In,,, The End Is Near
- Thursday- It's Going To be A GREAT Day
- Wednesday- Working For The Cure
- Tuesday- Throw It Away, Tsk, Tsk, Tsk
- Monday- Hmm Maybe I Read That Wrong?? LOL
- Sunday- Surprise...Swimming To the Gold
- Saturday- Sew what's UP?
- Friday- Enjoy The Show?
- Thursday- Good, to Bad to Great Yeah... that was m...
- Wednesday- What Happened To Summer?
- Tuesday- Tales of Talc, Tubs, Telephones and T.......
- Monday- Move That Mountain
- Sunday- Squares Squares and more Squares
- Virtual Tour Of My Home Town
- Saturday- Scarf it UP!!!!
- Friday- Squares, Squares, Squares have me running ...
- Thursday- Well I am sane...at least my DR said so,...
- Wednesday- Wondering Why I Don't Live In Water
- Tuesday- Thunderstorms and Thumbs
- Monday- Make the Day Count, You'll Never Get It Ba...
- Sunday- So Here's what I've Been Doing
- Saturday- Sharing Simple Summer Swap Sweetness
- Friday- Time Flies Fast but you already knew that ...
- Thursday- Hello? Hello? Hello?
- Wednesday- Idols, Pests and Riddles... Hooray???
- Tuesday- Taste the Sweetness of Sugar Cubes
- Monday Madness
- Sunday- Sock It To Me, and Scarf it Up
- Saturday- Strawberries, Singing and Swaps
- Friday- Finally Over, or Feeling Optimistic... You...
- ▼ August (32)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States