Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday- Sock It To Me, and Scarf it Up

Ok I have worked a little more on the socks... here is the progress on sock number 1. I have two more pattern repeats and then I start turning the heel... hopefully getting to that and beyond today while listening I mean watching the NASCAR race. (I sure wish I knew how to make a word look like it was crossed out like I see on other blogs... I can't figure that out.)

Too scared to take a picture on my foot, so I used my hand instead.
My physical therapist wants me to teach her to knit a scarf tomorrow. I think this is the pattern I will start her out with, it's basically all knit only except for the occasional yarn over and then dropping that stitch on the next row. So I started this scarf this morning so I can show her what it will look like. This is that beautiful purple yarn I won a while back.

Wouldn't be a true blog from me if it didn't have something to do with Adam would it? Here is Adam demonstrating on how to eat an Oreo. I think by golly he has got it down to a T. LOL.
Mimi tagged me this weekend
The Rules
* Link to the person who tagged you.
* Mention the rules.
* Tell six quirky yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
* Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
* Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment to let them know that they’ve been tagged.

My Six Quirky Things
1. I love to watch Preschool TV (aka NOGGIN) and I sing the songs even when no kids are around
2. I love water to drink, but it MUST have ice cubes in it or I won't drink it
3. I hate to wear socks and shoes, even in the winter I will walk outside barefoot and I live in New York
4. I have sold Avon since I was 18 but I never wear make up.
5. I have to balance my checkbooks (all 3 of them) to the penny. I will spend hours looking for a mistake even if it's only a penny.
6. I like a steak almost rare, but my hamburger better be good and dead. Go figure.

Now I am supposed to tag 6 people but this is where I usually drop the ball... most of us know each other and sometimes you end up tagged for the same thing several times. So I am not going to specifically tag 6 people... However if you are feeling QUIRKY... and want to play... and you let me know you did so I can go read about you... I will give you an extra entry in the contest every time you comment next week for your willingness to play. OK?

Well now was that enough blogging today or what?

Oh it was a good day, my son Joe came to church. Granted he came because we bombed the house for fleas, but he still came, lol. I think he misses it and everyone was so glad to see him. Maybe he will start coming more regularly.

Ok I am off to work on those socks...

Tomorrow I announce the winner of the Knitters Gadget Jackpot and start a new weeks of contest stuff... keep coming back... my quirky friends, LOL.

14 comments:

Share said...

Socks are looking good! And you just reminded me, I got tagged a while back but never did anything (partly cause I didn't know what to do). I may have to go back and figure that out now. :D Have a great day!

leah said...

Socks are coming along well! I think that would be the perfect first scarf project...simply but not too boring!

ikkinlala said...

Your socks look great, and that is a pretty pattern for a first scarf.

Katie O said...

I love the socks... but I won't make them... fetchings were plenty for me to do in the round!! :)

sailorcross said...

Oh, the socks are looking good!! I love the colors in them. But, here is the question--if you don't wear socks or shoes (and neither do I--I'm always barefoot) what are you going to do with them?

I'm so glad Joe came to church with you today. When my kids go, I always feel like they're going only to please me and pray that someday, somehow, they'll see the light and come into it.

Beth

magnoliasntea said...

Wow, those socks are poppin' with color..very nice! Love the scarf & it does sound like a good starter project.

Adam is doin' an excellent job of being a kid. ;)

Pleeeease don't tag me..I'm on dial up..life is already tough enough...whiny cryin'.

Turtle said...

the socks look great but so love the oreo eating pics! lol what a ham!!

Wendy said...

Maybe one day I will be able to make socks...and sweaters.....maybe one day I will have time (again) to craft for more than and hour...Maybe one day I will figure out what I am doing and why.....

I LOVE the socks....and please pass the scarf pattern on to me...

Big Hugs

Lil Knitter said...

Those socks are gorgeous! You are really zooming on this one! That reminds me that I seriously need to finish the pair I still have OTN.

Hugs!

Unknown said...

Great socks. I love the colors. I don't "do" socks but really like those that are handknit.

I am glad Joe came to church with you. My oldest daughter is just "not interested" but her current beau is church-going (Methodist as opposed to our Catholic) but I don't care. If he is getting her into church, I am happy.

I did do the quirky things thing. It is http://isnoacompletesentence.blogspot.com/2008/08/six-quirky-things-about-me.html

Mimi said...

Loved your quirky answers. I feel the same way about 1 and 6. shhh! don't tell! And I like to go barefoot too -- but I once stepped on a piece of glass (we were living in NY at the time -- West Point), and I had to have stitches and was on crutches for 2 weeks! The dang thing wouldn't heal! I learned my lesson, although I never wear shoes inside and only socks when I'm cold!

sandra santos said...

tanks for the comment. kisies.

Unknown said...

I love those socks!! The colors are awesome. And that scarf is very nice too. I like the purple. So is your PT trading you therapy for knitting lessons, LOL.
I'm doing the quirky Meme, and posted it to my blog, linking back to you, of course. have a great day!

hakucho said...

Your socks are awesome! Very bright and cheerful. You are doing a great job :)

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me