First I have had a few ask about what TOM is? TOM stands for time of the month. With me it's more like TOY time of the year. lol. Anyway now aren't you sorry you asked?
Sad news around here. I think we might be having to put our dog down. Lady has stopped eating, can barley walk, her back legs keep giving out on her. I can only imagine the pain she must be in. I of course keep putting it off, I identify with her. She is the dog version of me. I feel like I deserve a chance and so does she. But when it enough enough? This was Lady last night just before I went to sleep.
OK TUESDAY is TRY SOMETHING NEW DAY
I chose a new pattern stitch called Little Arrows. Here is a picture of the swatch I started last night. It was hard to show up with the camera, but it's a really pretty pattern. I think it would make a great pair of socks.
Here are the pattern directions:
Works on multiples of 8 plus 1 stitches.
Row 1: (right side) Knit 2, purl 2, knit 1, purl 2. *Knit 3, purl 2, knit 1, purl 2. Repeat from * to last 2 stitches, end knit 2.
Row 2: Purl 3, knit 1, purl 1, knit 1. *Purl 5, knit 1, purl 1, knit 1. Repeat from * to last 3 stitches, purl 3.
Row 3: Knit 1. *Purl 1, knit 5, purl 1, knit 1. Repeat from * across.
Row 4: Purl 1. *Knit 2, purl 3, knit 2, purl 1. Repeat from * across.
Repeat these four rows for pattern.
On my swatch I casted on 39 stitches, 32 for the multiple of 8, plus 1, plus 6 for a border (3 on each side) and I knitted 4 rows before I started the pattern. I was surprised at how easy it really was. I liked it a lot.
Your contest assignment is to give this stitch a try today. Post about it in the comments section to receive another entry in this weeks contest. I am sure I don't have to say it but I will in case we have a first time visitor... if you don't want to try the stitch, or already know the stitch, absolutely hate the stitch or any other reason you can think of... NO PROBLEM. Really a comment is all you need to do to receive an entry. The rest is just for fun.
My water therapy was GREAT yesterday. I can't wait to go again tomorrow.
I also received in the mail yesterday some yarn I won in a contest a few month ago. I helped name a teen podcast. I am not sure exactly what kind of yarn this is, but it's beautiful. I'll show pictures later this week, but my camera and lighting doesn;t do it justice at all.
Oh and just a reminder, visit those other contests on my side bar, there are some great prizes to be won. You can't win if you don't enter, right?
See you all tomorrow
- ► 2009 (272)
- Thursday- Can You Guess What Today Is?
- Wednesday- Whistle While you Work
- Tuesday- Take Time To Smell The Flowers
- MONDAY- We made it to the Halfway Point
- Sunday- Slide Shows Abound
- Saturday- Sharing my Swap and More
- Friday- Find the Finished Object day
- Thursday- Talk To Me and Sock It To Me
- Wednesday- Washing away Worries
- Tuesday- Are you ready to Tackle
- Make The Most of Monday Mornings
- Sunday Miracles Still Happen
- Saturday So Sad
- Friday- Finishing off the week
- Thursday- Is your brain turned on?
- Wednesday- Work through it Why dont you?
- Tuesday- Thankful for even the little things
- Monday- We are on week 3 of the CONTEST already
- Sunday- Seeing things in a different Light
- Saturday- Where in the world is Aunt Kathy?
- Friday- Friends Finished Objects are Waiting
- Thursday- Treat Yourself to some KNITTING Art
- Wednesday- Wish, Fish, Swish, Dish, Kapish???
- Tuesday- Thinking in Stitches
- Monday, Making Memories
- God Spoke Sunday... and I Listened
- Is it Saturday? I am all mixed up
- Forever Free Friday- God Bless America
- Thursday- Thinking in Rhymes and Riddles again, oh...
- Wordless Wednesday, hardly, come on you know me
- Tuesday- The fun begins today
- ▼ July (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States