Okie Dokie... The weekend is here. I am sitting here waiting for them to call and say Adam is ready to come over. There is a birthday party today for my niece who is turning 3 and we want to bring Adam. he loves it up there with all the kids.
In the meantime I guess I'll share a couple pictures. First this is the swap stuff I received from Anita O that I mentioned yesterday. My camera doesn't do the colors on thew cloth justice, it's absolutely beautiful. I have been wanting to do this pattern and now I am sure I will, it's called Circles and it's from Smarieknits, who by the way I consider a friend now thanks to blog world. LOL.
Close up of the dishcloth
This is a pattern I designed for a yahoo group I belong to called WhoDuKnit... I have mentioned them here before but it's a group of knitters and crocheters who read a mystery novel each month and then we make something that we thought of while reading the book. Occasionally we have a mystery KAL and this month it was this... Obviously I did not block it, but I swear I am going to learn it by the end of this weekend. I HAVE to. I wish Rachel would come over to help me, only need hands on training once and then I am good to go, LOL her blocking skills are over the top, just beautiful. But I am sure you already know that.
I also made a beret hat for my WhoDuKnit project from the last mystery I read (PD James book) I didn't care for the book but I was glad I read it, because it has awakened my desire to read again, it has been years. Anyway I couldn't find a beret pattern I liked so I finally settled on this one... but I modified it drastically and then I felted it. LOL... I am calling it "Killer Beret" now after felting I'll be lucky if it fits on a doll head, but hey, it was fun anyway. LOL Here are the pictures... before and after felting.
I have been working on filling an ETSY order and have 1 dishcloth and 1/2 of a hot pad left to do. I should have them all ready to mail on Monday. That is if I learn to block the dishcloths, lol, oh man, oh man, oh man. I'll show pictures of the dishcloth tomorrow hopefully the before and after blocking.
Oh and I am such a goof... I kept getting a message from Flickr that I had too many photos... so I went and cleaned them out... now all the projects I had on Ravelry... the photos are missing, oops.
Guess I'll be trying to re-create some pictures, LOL
Ok still no call from Adam I guess I am going to go call myself. I'll see you all tomorrow.
Remember even though no contest stuff over the weekend all comments still count. I'll announce the random drawing winner on Monday.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Thursday- Can You Guess What Today Is?
- Wednesday- Whistle While you Work
- Tuesday- Take Time To Smell The Flowers
- MONDAY- We made it to the Halfway Point
- Sunday- Slide Shows Abound
- Saturday- Sharing my Swap and More
- Friday- Find the Finished Object day
- Thursday- Talk To Me and Sock It To Me
- Wednesday- Washing away Worries
- Tuesday- Are you ready to Tackle
- Make The Most of Monday Mornings
- Sunday Miracles Still Happen
- Saturday So Sad
- Friday- Finishing off the week
- Thursday- Is your brain turned on?
- Wednesday- Work through it Why dont you?
- Tuesday- Thankful for even the little things
- Monday- We are on week 3 of the CONTEST already
- Sunday- Seeing things in a different Light
- Saturday- Where in the world is Aunt Kathy?
- Friday- Friends Finished Objects are Waiting
- Thursday- Treat Yourself to some KNITTING Art
- Wednesday- Wish, Fish, Swish, Dish, Kapish???
- Tuesday- Thinking in Stitches
- Monday, Making Memories
- God Spoke Sunday... and I Listened
- Is it Saturday? I am all mixed up
- Forever Free Friday- God Bless America
- Thursday- Thinking in Rhymes and Riddles again, oh...
- Wordless Wednesday, hardly, come on you know me
- Tuesday- The fun begins today
- ▼ July (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States