Well yesterday was not a good day TOM wise. I was pretty sure there would be no way I could go to church today. I already missed Wednesday because of the UTI so I wasn't happy at all. But my son Jim who comes to church with me had to work so I would have to drive myself. Not a good idea. So I woke up and was going to call the pastor to let him know I wouldn't be there but felt led to open my email first. Why?
Because God had something to say to me. You know God speaks to us in many different ways. Probably because we would learn to tune Him out like we can a barking dog or whining child if it was always the same. God is always the same but they way's He speaks to us is ever changing. Anyway I digress... The first email I saw was from some thing I signed up for daily inspiration years ago. After the 1st year I stopped reading them, I didn't like the new agey direction they were going in. But I never canceled the subscription. Now I know why... the subject line (the only part of this email I ever even glance at) said "Skipping Church?"
Yeah I read that and bells and horns and sirens went off in my head. I did not call the pastor, and I drove myself to church. I was glad I did. Worship was refreshing and healing. The Word was encouraging and it was Communion Sunday too. The Word was on OBEDIENCE (the dreaded O word) and well could it really have been about anything else?
I have been working on a few other projects this week, this is a KAL form one of my Yahoo groups The Gathering Room... this was the progress after three days, I don't have a newer picture yet.
And these are the sock blockers I have been meaning to make for months now. I saw the idea on Debs blog ages ago and well finally decided to make a quick set. I LOVE them, and wow so easy.
I think the link to the tutorial is Super East Sock Blockers DIY
Aren't they the neatest things? These are for a small adult or large child size and I was actually able to get 2 sets off of one place mat. I am sure the larger adult size will only get one set and maybe 1 foot off a sheet, I have 4 sheets left so I will be playing around with the sizes.
I also wrote and test knitted a pattern for my mystery knitting group WhoDuKnit and will be hosting my first KAL ever over there this month. I also have a few projects to work on based on the PD James book I read last month. We also started reading a new book for July. I haven't even started mine yet, maybe tonight. Gotta love summer and the fact that there is nothing to watch on TV, LOL.
Then there are the SWAPS I joined. And the monthly KAL's from Rachel's, Shirley's, Knit dishcloths and Monthly dishcloths. Yeah I have a lot on my plate this month, but it's all fun. Right?
Oh and the Ravelrympics... haven't decided if I am going to attempt that one, really I am not in that good of shape, lol.
Wow am I a little LINKY today? Maybe I better get off of here before I think of more.
I will be announcing the winner from last weeks contest tomorrow morning and announcing a first ever prize offered on one of my blog contests, I know you will all want this one, so make sure you come back all next week.
Have a wonderful rest of the day, and remember God is always talking, listen to what He has to say, you will not be disappointed.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Thursday- Can You Guess What Today Is?
- Wednesday- Whistle While you Work
- Tuesday- Take Time To Smell The Flowers
- MONDAY- We made it to the Halfway Point
- Sunday- Slide Shows Abound
- Saturday- Sharing my Swap and More
- Friday- Find the Finished Object day
- Thursday- Talk To Me and Sock It To Me
- Wednesday- Washing away Worries
- Tuesday- Are you ready to Tackle
- Make The Most of Monday Mornings
- Sunday Miracles Still Happen
- Saturday So Sad
- Friday- Finishing off the week
- Thursday- Is your brain turned on?
- Wednesday- Work through it Why dont you?
- Tuesday- Thankful for even the little things
- Monday- We are on week 3 of the CONTEST already
- Sunday- Seeing things in a different Light
- Saturday- Where in the world is Aunt Kathy?
- Friday- Friends Finished Objects are Waiting
- Thursday- Treat Yourself to some KNITTING Art
- Wednesday- Wish, Fish, Swish, Dish, Kapish???
- Tuesday- Thinking in Stitches
- Monday, Making Memories
- God Spoke Sunday... and I Listened
- Is it Saturday? I am all mixed up
- Forever Free Friday- God Bless America
- Thursday- Thinking in Rhymes and Riddles again, oh...
- Wordless Wednesday, hardly, come on you know me
- Tuesday- The fun begins today
- ▼ July (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States