Ahh it's summer... time for picnics, fireworks, swimming, vacations, ants and WATERMELON
Yes this is one of the projects I was working on this week. I found the pattern on Ravelry but it was for a fiber filled 3D watermelon. I tried making that exact pattern but I didn't like how mine came out. So I changed it up a little, I omitted the sides and made two panels and sewed them together to make a double sided dishcloth. I used 100% cotton except the seeds are just black acrylic. I couldn't find my black cotton. My son, the artist, of course told me I should have put in white seeds too as not all watermelon seeds are black. I said Blah Blah Blah. Anyway I really like how it turned out, it's kind of like a tawashi. I will make more of these. I might even try for other melons, like Honeydew and Cantaloupe, who knows maybe a whole bowl of fruit. LOL
I took Adam to the Hudson River yesterday to watch his Papa fishing. It was not a planned visit so no pictures. MENTAL note... keep camera in bag at all times for photo opt's. Adam loves the water. He took the opportunity to walk out on the huge rocks and stand and throw smaller stones into the water. The other men fishing didn't seem to mind that Adam was scaring the fish away. All the boulders they were standing on would later be covered completely with water when the tide came in. It's quite amazing to imagine the water would get that high and not flood the houses near by. I wish i could show you the pictures. I never go down there, but there is a nice bench to sit on and I am thinking I might go down again with some knitting and spend an afternoon watching the boats go by. One boat went by yesterday while Adam was there, he waved frantically to them, I wonder if they saw him. It was so cute.
I am still dealing with the UTI and TOM (they don't sound so bad when they are in initials do they?) Kind of had me a little down but that just means it can only get better from here. I am on an antibiotic so it shouldn't be much longer. My blood work, well that's another story. Seems whenever I start losing weight my kidneys and liver panic and the numbers come back very high. But I will NOT QUIT. I am going to lose this weight and get healthy if it kills me. Yikes.
I added a button to put on your blog to link people to the contest if you'd like to. Melanie made it for me last year and I almost forgot about it until someone asked me if I had one.
I think all you have to do is copy it, add it as a picture on your sidebar and put the link to my blog in there and it's done. No requirement, but it's there if you want one.
I also want to thank everyone for mentioning the contest, I am seeing some new faces and hope to see many more as these two months pass.
Ok I guess I am off to work on another project. Maybe I'll have some more pictures to share tomorrow.
Oh and remember all weekend comments count towards contest entries as well. Have a great day, and I'll catch you tomorrow.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Thursday- Can You Guess What Today Is?
- Wednesday- Whistle While you Work
- Tuesday- Take Time To Smell The Flowers
- MONDAY- We made it to the Halfway Point
- Sunday- Slide Shows Abound
- Saturday- Sharing my Swap and More
- Friday- Find the Finished Object day
- Thursday- Talk To Me and Sock It To Me
- Wednesday- Washing away Worries
- Tuesday- Are you ready to Tackle
- Make The Most of Monday Mornings
- Sunday Miracles Still Happen
- Saturday So Sad
- Friday- Finishing off the week
- Thursday- Is your brain turned on?
- Wednesday- Work through it Why dont you?
- Tuesday- Thankful for even the little things
- Monday- We are on week 3 of the CONTEST already
- Sunday- Seeing things in a different Light
- Saturday- Where in the world is Aunt Kathy?
- Friday- Friends Finished Objects are Waiting
- Thursday- Treat Yourself to some KNITTING Art
- Wednesday- Wish, Fish, Swish, Dish, Kapish???
- Tuesday- Thinking in Stitches
- Monday, Making Memories
- God Spoke Sunday... and I Listened
- Is it Saturday? I am all mixed up
- Forever Free Friday- God Bless America
- Thursday- Thinking in Rhymes and Riddles again, oh...
- Wordless Wednesday, hardly, come on you know me
- Tuesday- The fun begins today
- ▼ July (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States