Friday, January 4, 2008

Day Four, Are You Ready For More?

Good Morning, almost afternoon. Been on the phone most of the day already. I figured I better get started with today before I realise it's tomorrow already. Does that happen to you, suddenly you notice that hours have passed and you can't even remember what you accomplished?

It's another COLD day here in Upstate NY, but even though it's cold outside, and even inside the house, the heating pipes froze last night, it's still warm in my heart. And my friends, that's what matters the most to me. There is just something about God filling in the cracks and empty spaces inside that warms you all over and makes the world seem right and good. Without that blanket of eternal and everlasting and unconditional Love life would not be life. Sometimes people do things or say things, unintentionally or not, that can get our eyes to turn away from the very things that bring us peace and joy, but it doesn't have to be that way. I think of that song... This joy that I have, the world didn't give it to me,... the world didn't give it and the world can't take it away. Only I can decide to trade joy for sorrow, and I am not going to do it.

It's a fight that's for sure, but a fight I am destined to win, the battle is the Lord's but the Victory is MINE. Amen!

Speaking of a Battle... I thought a little caption humor would be fun for the contest today.

Day Four Contest rules:
Look at the cartoon picture below and post in the comment section whatever caption you think would apply. Funny, serious, whatever pops into your mind. Have fun with it. Don't stress, in fact let this exercise release some stress you might have been holding onto today. Your comment gets you entered in the drawing for the week one contest prize.




There now wasn't that fun?

As for yesterdays contest, there were 8 dishcloths in the photo. And no sneaking my me either, every cloth was visible in the photo, at least by a corner. There were two cloths the exact same color though.

Now not sure if you noticed but I did update my slide shows yesterday. The top slide now is of all the original designs I have designed since I first started. I think there are 19 total, and I have one more on the needles right now.

I also made a new slide show all about Adam... pictures I had of him from birth to today. I tried to use only pictures of him by himself but I did include a couple that had another person with him. It was fun making, I sure have a lot of pictures of him. I found myself coming back and watching the slide show a few times last night. He makes me smile.

He just called a little while ago and wants to come over. I can't go get him since my car is toast. They are going to try to find a way to drive him over so I am looking forward to seeing him soon.

That just means I better get to my "Breakfast with Jesus" before he gets here.
Have a wonderful day everyone, let Joy, Peace and Love fill you up today.

Psa 29:11 The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.

12 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

Oh no! Captain (Crochet) Hook is trying to get me treasure! Yaaaaaarrrn!
lol

Sorry, it's corny...but it's the first thing that popped into my head!

Hugs!

teabird said...

All right! I'll give you back your hook if you'll stop needling me!

(sorry.......)

MamaMay said...

Arrrrr! So where is your Stash!

Haha!

Anonymous said...

Arrgggh! Crocheting is for weaklings! (actually I could use that hook!)

Wendy said...

"Hey, No fair you have 2 weapons and I only have one"

Hope your day is ajoyful one........

hakucho said...

your grandson sure is a cutie!! Enjoy...they grow up so fast!

happy knitting in 2008 :)

SimplyMe said...

...and by utilizing the scissor move, knitting needles win the 2008 Yarn Bowl game.

Turtle said...

Capt Needle and Swabbie Hook began their ongoing weekly argument to see who would get the larger part of the yarn stash. The parrot ate their chart revealing the treasures location, they are thinking of calling a truce and just using the knitting needles as dowsing rods to try and locate it.

Ok dumb i know, smile. My mom was telling me today that the east coast is breaking all kind of snow records! (she is in northern NH and says their high has been -15)

Anonymous said...

Arrrggggg two pointy sticks are better than one crookedy stick.

Katie O said...

"I told you that if I caught you hooking one more I'm... I'd snip off your hook"

Hope you had a good day. Challenging day for me, but my mom is doing well. Thank you for the prayer... Made me cry and please know that you are a phenomenal woman... thank you for everything. Katie

magnoliasntea said...

Cute pic of the stick guys, but your grandson is certainly stealing the show here! He's a cutie pie!

Deeners said...

The battle where Captain Hook defeated the dreaded pirate Captain Needles and took over his ship.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me