Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 29, and I just turned 200 posts old today

Well imagine my surprise when I went to blog today and noticed that today was going to be my 200th post. Wow!!! I guess it's true I do talk too much. Or I have a big mouth. Maybe both???

I heard from CAT or winner last week and hopefully she is shopping over at Rachel's site as I type.

CONTEST STUFF- Yesterday I put you all to work so today I will go a little easy on ya... in honor of my 200th post today I want to to make a comment and do something with the number 200 in it? Use your imagination, have some fun, and earn another entry for this weeks contest prize.

Now onto Cocoa swap stuff...
COCOA SWAP
This weeks topic:


What is your most memorable vacation? Where did you go? What made it memorable?

Is this supposed to be from my childhood or adulthood? Not sure. I have several vacations that are memorable, I guess the most recent was September 2006 I traveled from NY to MN. I alone, on oxygen, traveled by train

(not the actual train, this is just a model, LOL)
for 30 hours one way to stay for 18 days with a friend and her family I had NEVER met in person. Now that's memorable. I went because I had become friends with Shelly

over the phone through the Internet and well it was time for us to meet in person. We kept it a secret from our mutual online friends until I arrived too, it was funny.

(This is the Winona MN Train Station)
While there I learned to knit in the round (I have since forgotten) hmmm maybe I need a trip back real soon, ya think? I had been mostly a crocheter until that visit, I did knit but not as much. I totally give Shelly all the credit for my new love of knitting. Watching her click away made it look like so much fun. And because of all she taught me I guess that's why it's the most memorable vacation for me.

So there you go... I am looking forward to reading all the other Cocoa Swap partners stories too. Guess I'll be doing some more blog hopping this week, LOL

Not much else is new around here so I think I'll end here. More tomorrow for sure. You know me, I love to talk, lol. My prayer is that there will be wisdom in what I speak because my heart meditates on the Word of God and His understanding.

AK
Psa 49:3 My mouth shall speak of wisdom; and the meditation of my heart [shall be] of understanding.

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Well 200 will be easy, because that is how many things I made for charity last year....I have lowered my goals this year, want more "ME" time and want to try to make some money by selling some of my work...
LOVE the cocoa swap story...and the pic of the 2 of you....
have blessed day............

SimplyMe said...

Ahhhh, watch it now, you're making me need to reach for the kleenex. Thanks!

the prime factorization of 200 is:
2*2*2*5*5

Katie O said...

200 x 2 = 400 the number of stitches in the current round of my shawl... and only growing each day!

teabird said...

200...well, first, congratulations!

Here's a link to a 200...

Anonymous said...

200-An HTTP status code indicating a successful connection. I think our friendship is an awesome connection.

Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I have to add this since we are both NASCAR fans - 200 is the number of NASCAR races won by Richard Petty.

Hugs!!!

Mary Ann said...

I have left 200 in the past since I'm now 195!! Yipee!!

Great pic!

Lil Knitter said...

200...hmmm....the number of tries left before I successfully knit a sock? lol
Cocoa Swap...I gotta get a few more things and I'm good to go...which is a good thing since the packages are due to go out at the end of the week.
Hugs!

ikkinlala said...

I was going to post what kadezmom did! (About the prime factorization, not the Kleenex.) I wonder if she's taking a number theory class too. I have spent way too much time factoring numbers over the past couple of days - only a few for homework, and the rest because now I'm doing it to almost every number I see. I don't know why.

So instead, 200: the number of pieces of lined paper in the package I just opened.

Congratulations on 200 posts!

hakucho said...

Congratulations on your 200th post! That does sound like a very memorable trip you took to meet Shelly. I'm not a very good traveler and I doubt I'd ever go anywhere by myself...you certainly are an adventurous soul :)

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me