Well what a Wednesday... actually the weird day was last night, but since it's Wednesday now I'll just use the "W" words. Adam decided to come over yesterday, he missed Nana and Papa. He is still here will be here until tonight. He arrived with what he called "spots" like Sprinkles, Blue's baby brother. He happily modeled his red spots for me...
With Adam here dinner plans got a little mixed up so we used some coupons for buy 1 get 1 free burgers at Burger King. We got Adam a kids meal, have you seen the packaging for BK's kids meals lately? I thought an employee or my son was trying to be funny and change the wording on the bag, but after a closer examination I saw it was actually printed like this... Take a look
The toy was a Snoopy on a motorcycle with a retractable front wheel, and Adam and Papa had a blast driving it and a few matchbox cars all over the easel we got him for Christmas.
Now I chose not to eat BK food, it's just not on my eating healthy plan. I decided to have some left over "Mexacali Chicken" (recipe available if anyone is interested just let me know) in a whole wheat tortilla and some broccoli with melted cheese. The chicken is shredded and while the broccoli was cooking I got the chicken ready and then set the tortillas on top to cover it until I could put it in the microwave. Adam decided he now wanted some PB toast so I got that for him and was wrapping some other meat my son got today at BJ's, the microwave beeped so I put in the chicken and re-set it. After about 3 or 4 minutes I could smell something burning. I decide it's the tortillas and go to take them out of the microwave and what do I see... a metal spoon in the bowl. Yeah, I am an idiot. I have never since microwaves were invented put metal inside one. I am sure I am losing it. Unbelievable. Thank God it didn't start a fire and I was still in there while it was cooking. I usually leave the room until I hear the beep.
Onto Contest Stuff...
I am really excited about the prizes for the rest of this month. This weeks prize is explained in the side bar of the blog just under the contest rules. I am sure you will all want to win now, so make sure you don't forget to post a comment to get an entry, link to this contest on your blog and tell all your friends to come play too. Yeah, the prize is that good.
Today I thought I'd have fun with a RIDDLE... are you ready???
I am something that's pretty new
But I can be a huge help to you
I come in knitting or in crochet
I help you continue in an unusual way
I won't keep you in the dark for long
With me you can just keep plugging along
Can you guess what I am before the end of the night
I am a needle or hook and I have my very own ????
Post your answer as to what you think the riddle is about and receive an entry into this weeks contest. Your guess doesn't have to be correct to get the entry, you just have to take a stab in the dark at it. LOL.
Well today I will be playing with Adam again, then it's church night. I love my mid week church nights. It just gives me that extra umph to continue with the week.
Hoping you are all having a wonderful day. Teabird your package from last week is ready to mail, should be out tomorrow or Thursday. Sorry for the delay.
Thanks everyone for making it fun for me to blog daily, I love hearing from all of you and that's what keeps me coming back everyday.
Pro 14:20 The poor is hated even of his own neighbour: but the rich [hath] many friends.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Day 31, Is it Over already??
- Day 30, Another Weird Wednesday Story
- Day 29, and I just turned 200 posts old today
- Day 28, Monday Miracles
- Day 27, Sunday for another 45 minutes anyway
- Day 26, Is It Still Saturday???
- Day 25, Friday Freaky Foot Feelings
- Day 24, Tired, Tried and Thankful
- Day 23, Weird Wednesday
- Day 22, and Thank you
- Day 21, Are you the winner for Week 3???
- Day 20, Sunday a Day of Rest and Worship
- Day 19, Tied up in cables and I can't get out...
- Day 18, Miracles Do Happen, Really...
- Day 17, and a broken thumb
- Day 16, The good, the bad and the...???
- Day 15, Get your creative juices running (pun inte...
- Week 3, Day 1- A WINNER
- Day 13, The mystery is solved
- Day 12, Time to clean off the shelves
- Day 11, A light in the darkness
- Day 10, some blogging and then...
- Day 9, Everything's Fine
- Day 8 and I didn't sleep in too late
- Day 7, Week 2, A winner is revealed
- Day 6, Reflections in the mirror
- Day 5- It's Good To be Alive
- Day Four, Are You Ready For More?
- Day Three and a pot of Green Pea
- Blogging is my passion, Contest day 2
- ▼ January (30)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States