I have been putting off posting today, I really haven't spent as much time reflecting on the week as I had hoped I would. In fact I think I slept most of today away. I made it to church, but other then that I haven't been very productive.
This has been a tough week for me. I have been feeling like that bowling pin again, you know like I have bowling balls coming at me non stop. And of course I seem to land in the head pin position, not like a 7 or 10 where maybe I might not get knocked down. But you know what? Last year this angered me, depressed me, frustrated me. But this year, I am encouraged. God obviously thinks I am strong enough in Him to take these blows and He is trying to teach me something here. I have been praying that He would give me a teachable heart, ears to hear and a heart of obedience. If that means I am to get aimed at with bowling balls, then bring them on.
I choose to believe in faith that things that are are NOT as they seem and things that are not as they seem ARE. I choose to believe God told me the truth, and we all know the truth shall set you free.
That said, I have had a week of blessings. I got to hug and kiss and love on Adam 3 days this week. Just three years ago he didn't exist. What a source of joy Adam is to me. I have lost 4 more pounds this week, and am now under a number I pray I NEVER have to see again. My Dr called and said my Kidney functions looked OK this time, that my friends is an answer to prayer. Our heating pipes froze but they are thawed now and didn't burst and flood my house. They did the last time they froze, so this is HUGE. I got out of the house twice this week and played games with my family. I am so blessed to have my family so close. My mom and my two sisters are all within walking distance from my house. I could go on, there are so many things that happen in our lives to be thankful for. Sometimes it's easier to see all the hard times, but it's so much better to dwell on the good things.
Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.
I found myself almost dwelling on other things this week, things that upset me. I almost let those fleshy feelings turn me away from what I know is good and right and pure and just. But praise God I took those thoughts captive, and in doing so I can honestly say my week was awesome.
My prayer for you all today is that you too will find yourselves focusing on lovely things, and in doing so will find praise bubbling up inside and peace filling all your voids and joy replacing all your sorrows. I pray this, BELIEVING, because I know God can and will, in fact He desires to do this for you.
See you all tomorrow, for the start of a new week. A new contest. A new beginning, because with God everyday is a new beginning.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Day 31, Is it Over already??
- Day 30, Another Weird Wednesday Story
- Day 29, and I just turned 200 posts old today
- Day 28, Monday Miracles
- Day 27, Sunday for another 45 minutes anyway
- Day 26, Is It Still Saturday???
- Day 25, Friday Freaky Foot Feelings
- Day 24, Tired, Tried and Thankful
- Day 23, Weird Wednesday
- Day 22, and Thank you
- Day 21, Are you the winner for Week 3???
- Day 20, Sunday a Day of Rest and Worship
- Day 19, Tied up in cables and I can't get out...
- Day 18, Miracles Do Happen, Really...
- Day 17, and a broken thumb
- Day 16, The good, the bad and the...???
- Day 15, Get your creative juices running (pun inte...
- Week 3, Day 1- A WINNER
- Day 13, The mystery is solved
- Day 12, Time to clean off the shelves
- Day 11, A light in the darkness
- Day 10, some blogging and then...
- Day 9, Everything's Fine
- Day 8 and I didn't sleep in too late
- Day 7, Week 2, A winner is revealed
- Day 6, Reflections in the mirror
- Day 5- It's Good To be Alive
- Day Four, Are You Ready For More?
- Day Three and a pot of Green Pea
- Blogging is my passion, Contest day 2
- ▼ January (30)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States