Sunday, January 6, 2008

Day 6, Reflections in the mirror

Hi-
I have been putting off posting today, I really haven't spent as much time reflecting on the week as I had hoped I would. In fact I think I slept most of today away. I made it to church, but other then that I haven't been very productive.

This has been a tough week for me. I have been feeling like that bowling pin again, you know like I have bowling balls coming at me non stop. And of course I seem to land in the head pin position, not like a 7 or 10 where maybe I might not get knocked down. But you know what? Last year this angered me, depressed me, frustrated me. But this year, I am encouraged. God obviously thinks I am strong enough in Him to take these blows and He is trying to teach me something here. I have been praying that He would give me a teachable heart, ears to hear and a heart of obedience. If that means I am to get aimed at with bowling balls, then bring them on.

I choose to believe in faith that things that are are NOT as they seem and things that are not as they seem ARE. I choose to believe God told me the truth, and we all know the truth shall set you free.

That said, I have had a week of blessings. I got to hug and kiss and love on Adam 3 days this week. Just three years ago he didn't exist. What a source of joy Adam is to me. I have lost 4 more pounds this week, and am now under a number I pray I NEVER have to see again. My Dr called and said my Kidney functions looked OK this time, that my friends is an answer to prayer. Our heating pipes froze but they are thawed now and didn't burst and flood my house. They did the last time they froze, so this is HUGE. I got out of the house twice this week and played games with my family. I am so blessed to have my family so close. My mom and my two sisters are all within walking distance from my house. I could go on, there are so many things that happen in our lives to be thankful for. Sometimes it's easier to see all the hard times, but it's so much better to dwell on the good things.

Phl 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

I found myself almost dwelling on other things this week, things that upset me. I almost let those fleshy feelings turn me away from what I know is good and right and pure and just. But praise God I took those thoughts captive, and in doing so I can honestly say my week was awesome.

My prayer for you all today is that you too will find yourselves focusing on lovely things, and in doing so will find praise bubbling up inside and peace filling all your voids and joy replacing all your sorrows. I pray this, BELIEVING, because I know God can and will, in fact He desires to do this for you.

See you all tomorrow, for the start of a new week. A new contest. A new beginning, because with God everyday is a new beginning.

HUGS
AK

4 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

You are a very strong person...I have no doubt in this at all. I am so glad you got good news from the Dr. and wtg on the lost pounds.
I have also spent time these last two days thinking about all the things I have to be thankful for...things I had been taking for granted. Life is a struggle at times but I have been very blessed with what I have and my wonderful family.
I hope this is a great week for you and you always have friends here who care.
HUGS!

SimplyMe said...

Hurrah!!!!!!!

I can't decide what made me smile wider....your blessings, you SEEING and SHARING your blessings, the doc's call or the wi, so YIPPIE on all three!

Wendy said...

It can be so hard to see the blessings when so much is going on....But then all I have to do is look at my babies faces, and get back on track...Good going on the wieght lose and the good doctor news. Something to try for the pipes..I use to have a manufactored home and they put Heat Tape on the pipes...You can even use it on a regular house...Takes up very little energy and really works, and when it gets warm out you just go unplug it...My dad had to end up getting some, to save the kitchen pipes...
Hae a wonderful day.....

Mary Ann said...

Kathy, I guess you posted this after I checked here yesterday. Keep up the positive attitude. It's great news all the way around! I'm sure that you can be strong and do what needs to be done.

God will give you the strength that you need.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me