Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 30, Another Weird Wednesday Story

Well that was fun, the creative ways everyone used the number 200. I like how that worked out.

Adam is coming today just for the day though, I will bring him home before I leave for church tonight. He will come back on Friday morning and stay until Saturday night.

I don't think I told you all yet about my husband and his trip to the Bull Riding competition last weekend. A friend of mine is head of security at the arena and he called me on the phone to tell me that my husband was dancing with the Rodeo clown to "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" by John Denver and it was showing on the big screen TV for all to see. I was shocked. He didn't even dance with me the night we got married, my first thought was he must be drinking. He wasn't. I guess the clown was very convincing. I mean does this look like the kind of guy who would dance in an arena full of strangers???

My husband called me a few minutes later to tell me but instead I told him... I said how can you dance with that clown and not ever dance with me? He wondered how I knew, I told him I KNOW everything. LOL At least he had a good time and after the two day event Travis (my step cousin) finished in 1st place too. He is #1 in the World right now. Not too shabby for a 20 year old, huh?

OK onto Contest Stuff-

Wednesday is RIDDLE day... so put on your thinking caps... and no worries it won't involve Prime factorization, LOL.

Oh when it's cold outside you might want me around
My other half is often no where to be found
Just one opening is all I need to provide
But inside of me well five things can hide
If you find yourself in the winter a sittin'
Then I bet you'll want me, cause I'm a....?????

Post your answer to this riddle in the comment section and receive an entry in this weeks contest. Your answer doesn't have to be right, you just have to try. Tomorrow is the last day to enter January's contest, so make it count.


As for February... I am going to take a break for the rest of the week and decide if I want to have another one right away or wait until March. My usual method is to have the contests on the months with 31 days. But I might have a mini surprise contest day during the off months so make sure you keep checking back. You never know what I might be up to.

I will announce the winner of this weeks contest on Friday's blog or Saturday depending on when Adam is here. I will also do a special drawing from those that have linked my contest on their blogs as well. Thank you for that, it really means a lot to me.

Not much else is going on around here, trying to catch up on resting while I am toddler free. I have a few requests to design a couple patterns for people and I hope to work on those soon as well. I have so much I want to do and so little time to do them all. So it's time to sit back and let the Lord lead me, my pastor often says... "Every GOOD idea is not always a GOD idea." I so get that now.

Hoping that today you are all finding yourself on the path God set before you and that things are right as they should be. Take a moment to breathe in the blessings of God's presence and thank Him for being the I AM in your life. Everyday is a miracle to be celebrated.

AK
Pro 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

12 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

That's hilarious! Too bad we can't all see the video. lol
My guess is...a mitten.

Your contests are always so much fun but take a rest and relax a bit.

Hugs!

Katie O said...

I am a Mitten!!! Well, I will be honest and say that I will miss the contest, but i come to read everyday whether there is a contest or not, so relax and have fun and just tell us about your day... We like that too!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy, thanks so much for you visits. I love these photos of your grandson. Just adorable.

Wendy said...

I'm a Mitten of course....I received a pair for my Birthday from my friend, and the kids played with them, For 2 weeks I could not find one of them...It magically appeared in their toy box...
Contests are great but whether you are having on or not I will be around...
Have a blessed day.........

Turtle said...

a mitten! you always write such cute poems for the riddles!

Your huby sounds like a sweetie and looks a heck of a lot like my dad! (lol)

SimplyMe said...

mitten

and you could NOT have found a better picture to go with the story...unless it was the dance itself, of course.

Oh, my side ache from laughing

Anonymous said...

Hey Kathy! Sorry I haven't participated much at all this month.. my swap is keeping me so busy! I do hope you got the number of hits you were looking for! :-) (oh, and Mitten... )

Great to be home... and congrats to your cousin, what an honor!

Anonymous said...

A mitten!!! How awesome that your hubby did that. Have fun with Adam.

Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi! I came here from Wendy B's blog. I'm in with mitten too!

Mary Ann said...

You're a mitten!! My friend today was looking for a two needle adult mitten pattern. I don't think I have one. She made a pretty black and white stripped hat and scarf and wants to add mittens to it. She's 85!!

Have a great evening at chuch! See you tomorrow!

ikkinlala said...

My guess is "mitten," and I'm certainly glad I had mine with me today.

Congrats to your step cousin!

magnoliasntea said...

Hi Kathy!
I've been trying to post here for days, then today all was well till I tried to post here just now.
Funny story!

Anyways, hope you have a great day.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me