Monday, January 21, 2008

Day 21, Are you the winner for Week 3???

It's Monday already, Wow how did that happen?

I have to tell you it's mighty cold in New York, I am definitely colder with every pound I lose. Now if this only proves true in the summer humidity I'll be happy.

I forgot a picture of Adam yesterday when I blogged, so I will share it today... He was posing in front of the slide area saying cheese so I would take his picture. He is such a big boy now.



Three weeks of the January contest are already gone, only 10 more days to go, but still 2 more prizes to be won, so don't stop coming to play, OK?

Today's contest assignment is a little different. I knitted up a dishcloth yesterday, playing around with some lase and trying to make up a few patterns (I gave up on the cables for right now, I got tired of frogging...LOL)

Anyway here is a picture of what I created, try not to focus on the color, I was just using some left over cotton I had, but what I need is help in naming the cloth?




Post your suggestions in the comment section today and help me out. And at the same time get an entry in the contest for this weeks prize. (Which I promise to post on here no later then Wednesday!!!)

Now onto the WINNER, I know you are all anxious to see who it is...

There were 49 comments last week, was your comment the winner?


The winner was from a comment posted on Day 3, by our very own TEABIRD, congratulations. Please email me with your mailing address and I will get out the mystery prize to you by the end of the week, God willing. My email address is gimpykatk@aol.com.

Not sure what I am going to do next week, since there are only 4 days left in January, I will be thinking about it this week though.

I started adding links to everyones blogs in my sidebar... if I missed yours don't worry, I am still gathering the info. I am so unorganized and have info scattered everywhere. I need to make sure I have you all on Ravelry cause that's the easiest place for me to find you. But I will get you all added eventually, one day or I should say one blog at a time, LOL.

I climbed my stairs last night by the way. My husband was watching football (I am a NASCAR girl) so I went upstairs to watch the ending of The Amazing Race, that's 4 stars on my chart now. Slow going but I am trying. Really our stairs are awful, very steep, and old and the walls are old plaster board and they are falling apart and some of the stairs have split from wear (they are wooden), I HATE those stairs. I can't wait for Spring when I can take to walking outside instead.

Ok blogging is done, I am off to check Weight Watchers and then enjoy my Breakfast with Jesus.

Looking forward to your ideas on naming my new dishcloth. Thanks everyone.

AK
Isa 62:2 And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name.

28 comments:

Wendy said...

The brain is not working this morning, But I keep thinking of an older country song that the cloth reminds me of, and for the life of me I can not even think of the name or how it really goes...
Sorry about not being any help with the naming, but maybe later I will remember..
Congrats. Teabird.........

Anonymous said...

I think this looks like a window so I say "It's snowing "

Dawn

Anonymous said...

I think this looks like a window so I say "It's snowing "

Dawn

SimplyMe said...

Ouch. That's a tough assignment in the morning.

Ya know, is there a person it reminds you of... you can name it after a person. The only other then I can think of is leather and lace.... yeah. Go with a person's name!!!!

off to the dentist. Jealous?

SimplyMe said...

Ouch. That's a tough assignment in the morning.

Ya know, is there a person it reminds you of... you can name it after a person. The only other then I can think of is leather and lace.... yeah. Go with a person's name!!!!

off to the dentist. Jealous?

Carla S said...

"Throw open the shutters" is my suggestion. Very nice cloth!

Mary Ann said...

It's funny that Carla would say throw open the shutters, because that's what this cloth reminds me of.

I was going to say Country Window, becaus it looks like the shutters are partly open.

Congradulations on making it up the stairs again. I actually watched the football with my dh, but after the half time on the second game he went in the bedroom. So Becca and I watched Runaway Bride.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

One Lacy Curtain

Anonymous said...

my suggestion is "open windows in old new orleans"

Anonymous said...

Dormer Windows is my guess

DawnK said...

The window references work for me. I also through it looked like window shutters, too!

teabird said...

I was going to say "opening the shutters." Maybe "grassy patch in sidewalk"?

and thank you! I'll send my address asap -

kathy said...

I agree with the window idea I was going to say lattice window

AnotherSusan said...

Snow Day! That is what it reminds me of. Waking up in the morning while it is still dark out, going to the window and peeking out to see the snow falling and knowing that life was good because today is a snow day.

Anonymous said...

I would call this ---COLONIAL SHUTTERS ! nice work,love to have the pattern.

Anonymous said...

I call it 'Broken Tie' - it reminded me of old railroad tracks...

SandyK

Anonymous said...

I saw a large picture window, with curtain pulled on both sides, with a Christmas tree sparkling in the space where they were still open. "Christmas Tree in Window".

RoamingKnitter said...

French Doors with Lace Curtains

Anonymous said...

Looks like shutters to me, too - but there's some lacy wrought iron as well. Maybe New Orleans window?

Anonymous said...

I can't figure out how to put a comment in your blog (and truthfully
I don't care about winning the contest), but the first thing I
thought of with the green/blue cloth was city streets. The blocks
look like the buildings and their windows going up and up, and the
open work in the center looks like the "daylight" you can see when
driving down the street. Kind of like a tunnel LOL

It's a great cloth!

jgaskin

Linda said...

I'm thinking of stars for some reason - so maybe "Starlight and Shadows"

Linda in VA

Anonymous said...

I haven't figured out how to comment on your blogsite, so I'm e-mailing you instead. You could say I am "blog-challenged!"

I love the dishcloth pattern you designed and would love the pattern. I have two possible names for you for it.
1. Crossroads
2. Windows of my soul

Very neat site, love the kitty!

Hugs & Stitches,
Kathleen in NC

Katie O said...

I think it looks like the panels of a door from my child hood... I'd call it "doors and windows." Have a great day!

hakucho said...

Definitely looks like windows to me, too :) I'm not very creative.

Your grandson is so cute. Enjoy...they grow up so fast :)

Turtle said...

Congrats Teabird!

The dishcloth reminds me of windows , but windows with soft curtains ...so i would call it "peeking through curtains". Looks nice!

Anonymous said...

The thing I keep thinking of is Stained glass windows...so maybe "Stained Glass". It's a lovely cloth!

Anonymous said...

I immediately thought of doors when I saw the new cloth, so I would call it "Closet Doors"! Love your blog. Your grandson is a complete doll. Linda

ikkinlala said...

"Double Doors."

Or definitely something to do with doors or windows.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me