Well hello. I know I am a little later then normal, but I didn't have time to blog before church and it took me awhile to get the pictures ready to post today. I had a wonderful day with Adam yesterday. It was one of the best days we have had in a long time. Hannah came over and they had breakfast and played for a couple hours, they made slides out of the pillows and bean bag chairs and then they made "THE FORT"
Adam thought this was the BOMB, LOL I am sure next time he is here I can expect to see the blankets spread all over the furniture again.
Then we decided to take Adam to get his hair cut. He has only had a professional haircut one other time and he hated it. We tried to make this sound like an adventure and it started out good with playtime at the Lego table while we waited for his turn.
Then it was Adams turn, my sister Dayna and I took turns trying to hold Adam still while the Barber cut the hair. Hannah took all the pictures, not too bad for a six year old and my very ancient camera.
The reward for getting a haircut, not only was the lolipop from the Barber but a trip to McDonalds and not the drive thru either. I said let's let them go inside and play on the big bubble slide.
We entered the room and they hit the slide immediately.
Then the food came, they sat for a few minutes, McDonalds fries are the only thing that will draw a child from the playground. LOL
But where are they??? There's still ffod left but where are the children??
Oh there they are, waving from the yellow bubble. I guess I can have a fry or two while they are gone, they won't notice.
Adam's new saying yesterday was "Gamma, this is super fun"... it was so cute.
We brought him home after that, and when his mom came down to get him he said "Mommy, look at my haircut!!!" Of all the things we did, he couldn't wait to show her his haircut. Too funny.
So that's my story, and I am sticking to it. It was a great day.
Today is also a day that is great. I had a wonderful time at church, I feel refreshed and ready to face the week. I have a song playing in my heart and worship music playing on the computer and I just feel like dancing around the house. I love the JOY of the LORD, it truly is my strength.
Praying you all can experience the Joy of the Lord today too, our Redeemer lives!!!!!
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Day 31, Is it Over already??
- Day 30, Another Weird Wednesday Story
- Day 29, and I just turned 200 posts old today
- Day 28, Monday Miracles
- Day 27, Sunday for another 45 minutes anyway
- Day 26, Is It Still Saturday???
- Day 25, Friday Freaky Foot Feelings
- Day 24, Tired, Tried and Thankful
- Day 23, Weird Wednesday
- Day 22, and Thank you
- Day 21, Are you the winner for Week 3???
- Day 20, Sunday a Day of Rest and Worship
- Day 19, Tied up in cables and I can't get out...
- Day 18, Miracles Do Happen, Really...
- Day 17, and a broken thumb
- Day 16, The good, the bad and the...???
- Day 15, Get your creative juices running (pun inte...
- Week 3, Day 1- A WINNER
- Day 13, The mystery is solved
- Day 12, Time to clean off the shelves
- Day 11, A light in the darkness
- Day 10, some blogging and then...
- Day 9, Everything's Fine
- Day 8 and I didn't sleep in too late
- Day 7, Week 2, A winner is revealed
- Day 6, Reflections in the mirror
- Day 5- It's Good To be Alive
- Day Four, Are You Ready For More?
- Day Three and a pot of Green Pea
- Blogging is my passion, Contest day 2
- ▼ January (30)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States