Saturday, January 26, 2008

Day 26, Is It Still Saturday???

I bet you all thought I was lost in cyber space huh? It never takes me this long to blog. But with Adam here and it being Saturday this is the first time I have been on line today. My husband has been here most of the day listening to music, playing Pogo games and getting familiar with the Professional Bull riding standings. Why you ask? Because tonight the PBR will be in Albany NY and he is going. We have been following the PBR for a couple years now, ever since my dad's new wife told us her nephew was in the circuit, his name is Travis Briscoe in case any of you ever get a chance to check it out. He's only 20 years old but has already built himself a reputation and last week he got a score of 95, only three others before him have done this, so that's a huge accomplishment. If you'd like to see a picture of him visit the website for PBR

My foot still hurts, it's my right driving foot, I am getting around the house but it's not fun. My left foot is starting to hurt now too, mostly because I tend to put most of the weight there to spare the right foot. I have not made it to AC Moore yet and I really want to get there today.

Adam is still here, he just fell asleep though, so I am home bound until he wakes up, then I might try to get out after I take him home. My mom offered to go for me, but I really want to look at the yarn and stuff and pick it out myself.

Onto CONTEST STUFF

First yesterday's mission was to guess the number of balls of yarn I piled on the chair... well there were 99 different complete balls, unused and ready to knit or crochet. What oh what will I do with it all???

Today and continuing tomorrow since I was so late today is another pattern I made yesterday. It's patriotic and I want to try to think up a creative name for it. I might bring some with me to Primary day on February 5th and maybe even sell a couple.

So take a look at the picture below and tell me a name that you think might fit this cloth. The picture isn't the best, but the top is blue, white and red bobble stitches, the middle is blue with a white heart in the center and the bottom is a slip stitch pattern rotating blue, white and the peppermint variegated.




So post a comment today and/or tomorrow to receive an entry to this weeks contest. Drawing will be Monday morning before I blog.

This is a picture of the reverse side... this was knitted up as I went along, I didn't have a pattern graphed or anything so I did not cut the colors as I changed them, I just carried it along the back, do you this this is real tacky? When I make more I can cut and tuck in the ends like I normally do unless you think it looks OK like this, I really could use some feedback. Thanks.


Tomorrow is Sunday, a day of rest. I am looking forward to it. After church I plan on coming home, cooking a roast in the crock pot for dinner and just chillin' out watching movies and knitting. I'll still blog tomorrow sometime, but probably later in the afternoon like today.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend planned, I can't wait to hear all about it.
I know I am in good hands in the Lord and He will help me and I believe He is and will do the same for all of you too. So let's all rejoice today no matter what.

AK
Psa 63:7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

10 comments:

Katie O said...

I love America. That's my suggestion. I have many family members in the military and almost all of them have been over to Iraq or near there during this war, and some are there now. I love our troops... God Bless them all.

Hope your foot feels better soon and you get to AC Moore today! Have a great day at Church tomorrow.

Mary Ann said...

My Heart Belongs to the USA

Sorry to hear that your foot is still hurting you. I'm sure if you make it to AC Moore, it will feel better! lol

Why on earth would you want more yarn? I can understand wanting to go check it all out, but if I had as much stash as you do I don't think I'd be buying anything. hehe

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Boy AK I hope that foot start feeling better soon. Hmmm I had a couple of thoughs, My Heart is True, The True Blue Spirit of USA.

Hugs!!!

Turtle said...

Uncle Sam's Gal, Knitin and Purlin in the USA, hmm. love the looks of it!

Anonymous said...

I would name your cloth "Betsy's Heart" for Betsy Ross. It is very cleverly made, I love it!

Wendy said...

The Heart of America....that would be what I would call it...I think it looks great....I never even knew there was a slip stitch in knitting...see how much I still have to learn...
Have a great weekend....

DawnK said...

Good suggestions! Americana?

I'm glad you took a picture of the reverse side! I was wondering and I don't think it looks bad at all! It wouldn't bother me, any!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy
Hope your foot is better soon.

I'd call it American Valentine, as that holiday is coming soon enough.
I love the pattern too.

Lynda

lynda on Monthly dishcloths

janbltn said...

How about "I love the USA" as your name? Cool pattern.

Hope you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy,
My suggestion for the name is America's Heart.

Hope your foot feels better soon!

Mary
nitenurse11_7 in Monthly Dishcloths and Rachels Knitting Room

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me