Saturday, January 12, 2008

Day 12, Time to clean off the shelves

Jimmy, my oldest son, brought home a couple beannie baby dolls for Adam. I put them on the shelf to keep them fairly new for Adam, but he insisted on taking down the Dora and Diego dolls to sit on the bean bag chair, it was too cute.



Adam left to go home a little while ago so I can finally get on to blog. He loves to play on the computer. I signed up for the free trial of My Noggin and he LOVES it. If you have small children, 1st grade or younger it's pretty cool. They start out with computer games based on your child's age and as they play it monitors their progress and gradually increases the levels of the games. It's like $6.00 a month if you sign up for the year and you get the Noggin magazine as well so he can play games and puzzles anywhere.

Hannah and Adam were playing really good today, both on the computer and with Hannah's new race track, notice the color??? PINK, I love it.


This week went by both slow and fast.

CONTEST STUFF:
6th and Final clue:
Success is measured one stride at a time, keep reaching for the stars

Clues 1 thru 5
Six clues will be given, each one a step above the other, read between the lines.
This may seem like an uphill climb, but it's easier then it appears
Altitude is not always a bad thing, some times you can see clearer from the top
Incline, decline, they go together, what goes up must come down
Raise the mission to new heights, nothing is impossible with God

Remember just posting a hello in the comment section gets you an entry for this weeks prize. If you emailed me the answer already to the mystery, then you already have an additional 5 entries if you were right.

Tomorrow I will explain what this mystery was all about.


Good news we got my sons car fixed yesterday. So at least we have another running vehicle, still don't have the finances to get mine running yet, soon I hope.

I've been working on the Intarsia dishcloth today, I am 1/3 done... I just wish I knew if I was doing it right, but it looks ok so far. Maybe I am.

I am not feeling great today, didn't sleep well. I think I might take it easy today so hopefully I can make it to church tomorrow.

Did you all see I need 350 blog views to get to 10,000. I am trying to get there by January 16th, when that silly looking egg hatches, LOL

Oh and last, I have a friend Leslie, she has commented here several times and she is a book editor and has been nominated for Editor of the Year. There is a website you can go to to vote for her. The voting is open to the public, so if you guys would go vote for her, that would be great. Finishing in the top ten is a really big deal, and they give her a little icon for her website, so I'm hoping she finishes in the top 10. Her name is Leslie Hodges. Voting ends January 15th. Here is the link:
http://www.critters.org/predpoll/bookeditor.shtml

Thanks Everyone.
AK

Pro 18:24 A man [that hath] friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend [that] sticketh closer than a brother.

6 comments:

Katie O said...

well good afternoon!! I hope you have a good day.. sounds like its been busy so far... company post holiday party tonight for me..... that should be interesting!! Have a great day! see you monday!!

Lil Knitter said...

I can't wait to see that intarsia cloth...I have tried intarsia and we don't seem to like each other very much.
I love that pink race track. It's time they woke up to the fact that girls like racing too.
Yay for Leslie...I will go put in a vote for her right now.
Hugs!

Wendy said...

It is funny that they finally are stopping the gender link.......Brooke would rather play with Williams cars and he her dolls.....I see no problem with it, maybe he will actually grow up to be the biggest catch by a girl...Have a great and relaxing evening......

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like you have had a busy day. I went and voted for Leslie the other day! It would be great if she won.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the intarsia cloth. Is it a hard knitting stitch or method? I can't wait to see it.

Denise moved most of her things out today, but she still has some stuff to go. The room is so dusty!! I've been sneezing all afternoon.

See you tomorrow!

teabird said...

Hi - I couldn't figure out this week's puzzle... but I've enjoyed trying!

teabird

Turtle said...

Hi there, still reading along but have already guessed. will have to see what you reveal!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me