Getting a late start today. I slept until 9:30 and then I got up and did dishes and started to make some home made venison chili, then I came to get online and had to re-start the computer. I took that time to have my "Breakfast with Jesus" even though I haven't eaten yet. Gary just brought Adam in, he is sitting here on the desk while I type. So who knows how much I will actually get posted today.
I've been busy working on some patterns I am creating for someone, A few different kinds and a couple using the Intarsia method. Of course I am just learning the Intarsia method, so it's going pretty slow on those particular cloths. I am actually going to knit them up for her as well. Thankfully some are done in a solid color as well, below is a picture of my latest design. It's a Shamrock, with a Bobble Shamrock in the middle.
I LOVED all the caption ideas yesterday, you are all so creative. I think that's my favorite contest game.
Today's assignment is a little different. I originally decided I was going to combine Saturday and Sunday into one blog so I am not worrying about getting here Sunday mornings before church, but then I was thinking I joined that promise to blog 365 days this year so I have to blog on Sunday after all. So what I am going to do is give something to do today that you can do anytime over the weekend and then on Sunday when I can get here, I am going to reflect about the week. At least this is what I am hoping will happen.
That said here is today's contest mission:
Is there a knitting/crocheting technique you want to try this year? Cables, Lace, Intarsia etc.??? Find a pattern and post a link to it in the comments section telling us about it. Let's try to see if we can all accomplish one of these patterns we desire to learn this year. Are you with me? great. I can't wait to see some of the wonderful things you hope to learn this year. Remember you have today and tomorrow to pick one out and share. Your comment will earn you two entries, one for Saturday and Sunday is a freebie. Of course you can always comment on both days, you know I'd love that too.
Monday I will draw the winner of the week one prize, post the picture of the prize for week two and we start all over.
Oh one other thing... you know how I always hope to get 2000 hits during the month long contest? Well i forgot to see what my starting count was this time, oops. So instead I am hoping to reach the goal of 10,000 hits before my egg hatches on January 16th. We can do it, right?
Okay I am going to go play with Adam now, you think he steals the show in photos, you should see him in person. I just love him.
Psa 127:3 Lo, children [are] an heritage of the LORD: [and] the fruit of the womb [is his] reward.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Day 31, Is it Over already??
- Day 30, Another Weird Wednesday Story
- Day 29, and I just turned 200 posts old today
- Day 28, Monday Miracles
- Day 27, Sunday for another 45 minutes anyway
- Day 26, Is It Still Saturday???
- Day 25, Friday Freaky Foot Feelings
- Day 24, Tired, Tried and Thankful
- Day 23, Weird Wednesday
- Day 22, and Thank you
- Day 21, Are you the winner for Week 3???
- Day 20, Sunday a Day of Rest and Worship
- Day 19, Tied up in cables and I can't get out...
- Day 18, Miracles Do Happen, Really...
- Day 17, and a broken thumb
- Day 16, The good, the bad and the...???
- Day 15, Get your creative juices running (pun inte...
- Week 3, Day 1- A WINNER
- Day 13, The mystery is solved
- Day 12, Time to clean off the shelves
- Day 11, A light in the darkness
- Day 10, some blogging and then...
- Day 9, Everything's Fine
- Day 8 and I didn't sleep in too late
- Day 7, Week 2, A winner is revealed
- Day 6, Reflections in the mirror
- Day 5- It's Good To be Alive
- Day Four, Are You Ready For More?
- Day Three and a pot of Green Pea
- Blogging is my passion, Contest day 2
- ▼ January (30)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States