Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday- Thinking on Things Past


Thursday's Contest Question:
Do you have a movie from your youth that just made an impression on you? What movie was it? Have you watched it again recently? Tell us about it in the comment section for your enrty for Thursday in this final week of the June contest.
~
I have several movies from my youth that just thinking about them brings me back there. "Logan's Run" was one of those movies. I loved this movie. I haven't seen it in 30 years, and I am sure in today's standards it would be a "cheesy, poorly made movie" but I'd still watch it and still love it.

My dad was an extra in this movie and actually worked in a scene with Farrah Fawcet, but I can't say that I remember seeing his brief cameo when watching the movie.
~
I got a package in the mail yesterday. Yarn from the sock yarn club I am in. It comes with a sock pattern too. Geez I wonder if I will ever knit again, it seems I have NO time for that these days.

I have a big day ahead tomorrow. I have an appointmet with the plastic surgeon. I am nervous and excited. Nervous that the insurance will refuse to approve the surgery and excited that they might. I'll be sure to let you all know how it goes.
~
Have a great night, sweet dreams.
~
AK

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Logan's Run has always been a favorite movie of mine. In fact, I met Michael York a few years ago and when I told him how much I love this movie, he gave me the biggest hug! I got his autograph (it's framed upstairs in our spare bedroom which was my bedroom when I was single) and I'll never forget that special night in New York with Mr. York! LOL

Kenyetta said...

I can't really think of a movie that made an impression. But Poltergeist scared the heck out of me!

Unknown said...

My memories are of the cheesy teen flicks like 16 candles and St.Elmo's Fire. I still like movies like that!

I hope you get approved for the plastic surgery. I don't think it's cosmetic at all and very necessary!

Jane said...

I must have watched West Side Story a hundred times!

Good luck with the plastic surgeon tomorrow.

smariek said...

Good luck at tomorrow's appt! I hope it all works out.

I remember Logan's Run! Gosh, I haven't seen that in aeons!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me