Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday- Testing Technology Today


Thursday Contest Question:
So do you have now or are you hoping to one day have a cell phone that also can go online and send emails? Post your answer in the comment section and receive a entry for Thursday in the June contest.

This is the phone my son bought last year. He left my cell phone plan and went with Verizon so the phone was no longer usable as a phone. I was thinking with me going on a month long vacation and flying it might be nice to have Internet access on my phone as well as books on tape and music too, so I convinced him to give it to me. I set it up today and for the first time Plurked from somewhere other then my laptop. I can see it is going to take some getting used to, I don't know how to make it magnify so I can read what I am looking at, but I have a few days to figure it out, right?
~
I saw the surgeon today for my six month check up even though it has been seven months. He was pleased with my progress, I have lost 125 pounds since surgery and a total of 282 pounds so far. We talked about the plastic surgery I am going to need, you should see the loose skin I have already, it's crazy. LOL
~
I was out all day again today so I am tired, and it's before midnight and I am going to bed. Hope you are all having a wonderful night, sweet dreams.
~
AK

10 comments:

smariek said...

Yay! You've made so much weight loss progress.

I don't have a phone with a data plan. We switched from Verizon after a year at our new house where we got absolutely NO reception inside our house, but didn't choose the iPhone when we made the switch. The data plans for the iPhone were more expensive than we liked. It must be nice to get internet on your phone.

Kenyetta said...

Wow! You have lost a lot of weight! I am very proud of you!
I can get online, I can check gmail, aol, ebay etc. I am with Nextel

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Congratulations! You've lost more than a person's equivalent of weight. That's impressive.

I have a smartphone. When I bought it, I didn't buy the data plan; I really just wanted a phone that would also act as my PDA/calendar so I could ditch my old Sony Clie'. IT also did spreadsheets and my knitting patterns. But then I was going out of town, and wanted my email. Tried the data plan, and was hooked.

Unknown said...

i have a Nokie E71 i had the iphone 1st gen but sold it cus it was not as good as the phone i have now all i have to say is that you ellen degeneres my whole family got to go on one of ellens twelve days of xmas shows and we received new cell phones new jawbone head sets flip mino hi def video camera motorola gps unit for my car so i love my e71 i can surf the net watch videos online and all kinds of things our phones are unlocked so they can do much more than the phones you get directly from at and t vbarton24 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Congrats on the awesome weight loss!

I have a Blackberry. It is an older model, so I cannot get music on it but can do internet, etc. Very cool.

Marissa said...

AK, those numbers are impressive! What a huge accomplishment. So proud of you!
I have the world's oldest and crappiest cell phone. And I live on it. Having the internet available might free me from the computer, but it's one more electronic device for me to be tied to. I'm holding off. And I'm too cheap to pay an extra 25 dollars a month to text and email all day.

Unknown said...

Wow, you are doing great!

As for an Iphone, I plan on getting one someday. Sigh. When they are around a hundred bucks, LOL.

danielle said...

I am too technologically challenged for all this stuff - and most of all, too cheap!

Jane said...

My grandchildren have them - but I'm happy to just be able to make a phone call. It takes me so long to type in a text message I might as well send a letter LOL. The grandkids can send a message without even looking at the keys (hiding it under their desks at school of course).

Libby's Library said...

I am just thrilled for you, and wish you many more pounds of loss!

Have a great nights sleep.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me