Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wednesday- One Week and Counting

Happy Wednesday. I wanted to start off the blog this morning with a new find on Breast Cancer Support. I added a contest in my side bar pertaining to this... but contest aside I think this is a great resource and I hope they meet their goal of an Army of 1,000,000,000 Women. You can click on the picture below to go directly to the Army of Women site or you can click on the contest link to enter a contest and then visit the site.
So there is my public announcement for the day... {{{smile}}}

So now let's get onto my CONTEST for the day

WEDNESDAY is RIDDLE DAY

When the day is dreary and the sun is not shinning
No need to be sad or resort to whining
Because there is something that you can do
I'm not joking, what I am saying is true
There is something about it that makes you smile
And brightens up your life after awhile
So when the clouds are gray and you long for Spring
Just pick this up, and you'll begin to sing
There will be no reason to be sad or say darn
When in your hands you have some soft ???


Post your guess to the answer of my riddle in the comment section today to receive another entry in this final week of the month long contest. You don't have to guess correctly but I am pretty sure you will. Just a comment will get you an entry, so make sure to leave one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saw my primary DR yesterday and he was thrilled with my weight loss so far. I may have already lost enough weight to stop the blood pressure pills. He wants to see me in 6 weeks to make sure, but it was a GREAT visit.

Only 7 days to go, I am getting really excited. Not even a little nervous. At least not about the surgery. I am more nervous that something will prevent it from happening. But I won't believe those whispers of the devil.

Oh and my home scale is showing me at a 5 pound loss. I won't count it though until I see the DR tomorrow for pre-admission stuff.

I saw my nephew yesterday too. He is 3 weeks out and 31 pounds down already. AWESOME.

I am getting ready for the monster machines and then I'll go swim the mile to relax. Sounds funny huh, saying I am going to swim a mile to relax, but really it does feel so good. I like to pray while I swim so when I am done I feel so refreshed.

See you all tomorrow.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

I've heard about that website. I did visit the site and it's definitely very cool. We HAVE to find a cure and SOON! I keep learning about way too many women who have breast cancer, and it still devastates me that it happened to me, too.

Answer to the riddle? Well, what makes me sing and what's soft in MY hands is yarn! But also my cat! LOL She's a lot softer than most of my yarns. But she won't always stay in my arms, while my yarn is great that way. :)

Congratulations on the weight loss. I can't swim but I have got to get a whole lotta weight off. And I'll get there...eventually.

Have a great day and know that I'll be praying about and during your surgery. I know how important it felt for me to have people praying during mine! Now I get a chance to give back! How GREAT is that?!!!

*hugs*

Katie O said...

hands on some yarn!!! yum yum yarny goodness!!! :)

I'm so excited for you. You've worked so hard and followed dr's orders... just make sure you keep doing that after surgery too!! (yes that's the little "future mom" in me, giving you a small tiny lecture!!) ha ha... you know I mean the best!!! :) HUGS!!

Kenyetta said...

Yarn!
I am so proud of you!

smariek said...

Congrats on the continued weight loss! It always cracks me up when you refer to those machines as "monster" machines.

sailorcross said...

The answer to the riddle is "yarn".

One week---WOO HOO!!! I'm glad that you're not feeling nervous, but excited instead.

It is an exciting time for you--you have worked hard and followed the doctor's orders. And I totally agree--make sure you continue to follow the doctor's orders.

And just think of all the knitting you'll be able to do while you recuperate!!

I just have to add another WOO HOO to you!!

Love you,

Beth

Turtle said...

Yarn!!! Could you smell fall in the air today!!??

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me