Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday- Week 1 Contest Winner Is...........


And The Winner is...........

Leah, congratulations to my favorite giraffe lover, lol. And remember Regis (my random number generator #57 out of 62) did the picking so it has nothing, NOTHING to do with the fact that you recently gave me a BLOG award. I swear, LOL I will let Rachel know you are the winner and you can let her know which dishcloth pattern you would like from her site. Make sure to let us know which one you chose, curious minds want to know.

Onto this weeks CONTEST

MONDAY is YOU Have a Voice Day

That means on Monday's I want to hear from YOU. Sometimes I will ask a simple question like what did you do this past week, or maybe a poll of some sort. Whatever it is it will be a chance for you to speak up, shout out, and make the blog world know you are here. Or at least me. LOL

So MONDAY's task today is...

When you are looking at or for patterns are you first drawn to the color of the knitted object or does the design draw your attention?

For instance take this sock picture I found on Flickr (link is attached to picture)



There are several pairs of knitted socks here of several different patterns, did you eyes fall on the color of socks first and then the details of the pattern or the other way around.

Post your answer in the comments section and receive an entry in week twos contest. No answer is right or wrong and any comment will get you that entry so don't be shy.

Ok that is all from ME today... because remember Monday is all about YOU.

13 comments:

Lil Knitter said...

YAY, Leah! Congrats!
I think for me...color is usually the first thing that grabs my attention if I'm just randomly browsing around. If it's a particular something I'm looking for then the design will grab me first.
Would it not be awesome to have all those handknit socks in your dresser?
Hugs!

Awesome Mom said...

I am all about design. I will admit though that color does have some influence since if the yarn is variegated and does not show off the pattern very well I am likely to pass.

Katie O said...

its a bit of both depending on the design. sometimes I look for something design based and sometimes its just something pretty that catches my eye!!

leah said...

What a fun way to start my morning! Thanks AK!! I may need help picking one! My eyes were drawn to the color first.

Unknown said...

Congrats on week 1 winner. Rachel has some really nice designs!

As far as patterns go, if the colors are very eye-catching, I might go check it out. Sometimes I have skipped over a pattern because of the color. It seems that some patterns are hidden by colors. I don't want to spend lots of time on a project only to have the pattern hidden behind the color of my yarn.

I think my eye is drawn by a neat design. If I see something especially pretty, I will check it out. Most of the patterns I have looked at or queued on RAV have somewhat different design elements. They are not based on color.

SimplyMe said...

Congrats Leah!

Okay, color catches my eye, but pattern keeps me interested

sailorcross said...

Congratulations, Leah!!

I would have to say that the color drew my eye first in that picture. And, boy, somebody has been busy knitting all of those socks!!

But, if I have a particular design that I've already found, then I try to find a color that enhances the design.

But, color first!

Beth

Kenyetta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kenyetta said...

Color draws me in first!

Unknown said...

Congrats Leah!

The colors draw me in first, then the pattern. On the other hand, I noticed the yellow and skipped right past it to look at the strips. So, it might be pattern in the pattern of the yarn not necessarily the pattern that was knit. LOL.

katerina said...

I think it depends on what it is - for socks, the color grabs me first - especially such a bright beautiful color like the yellow, but on a bigger object, like a sweater or shall, I think it's the design that captures my attention first and then I troll ravelry for other colors!

hakucho said...

That's a difficult question...because it depends on the photo. I am attracted to great colors and I LOVE to see something new design-wise:)

Wildflower said...

I am drawn to the color of the socks. They are beautiful.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me