Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tuesday- Get Ready To KNIT

Good Morning... I am going to try to blog quickly this morning. I want to get to the pool early and I have a DR appt this afternoon.

TUESDAY is TRY A NEW STITCH DAY

Tuesday is one of my favorites because I LOVE to learn new stitches.

This stitch today is called GRECIAN PLAIT STITCH

I LOVE this stitch. It's a little more complicated then some but not hard at all and the result is fabulous. Here is a picture of a quick swatch I knitted last night before I went to bed. I didn't do a border or anything this time, just the stitch. But I can see this made up as a beautiful dishcloth for sure.


Not sure if the picture does this stitch justice, so really you need to try this out to see for yourself. Here's the pattern...


GRECIAN PLAIT STITCH (done in multiples of 2)

*note... you need 2 sizes of needles, 4 sizes apart... ie: size 4 and size 8.

co multiple of 2 using larger needle (my swatch was 20)
row 1 - k (with smaller needle)
row 2 - p (with larger needle)
row 3 - using smaller needle, insert needle in second stitch, lifting it over the first and then knitting it. Then knit the first stitch. Continue across.
row 4 - p (with larger needle)
repeat rows 3 and 4

Don't let Row 3 confuse you... take it one step at a time, it's pretty easy once you see what you need to do.

Post in the comment section today your thoughts about this stitch. Did you try it? Are you already familiar with it? Like it, hate it, hate me? LOL Any comment will get you an entry in this weeks contest. You don't have to try the stitch to comment, but I sure hope you do, because I am sure you will love it.

Ok I can't stay and chat... the pool awaits.

Adios amigos.


11 comments:

leah said...

It looks like it would be a pretty pattern for socks, but I'm not sure about remember to switch need sizes all the time?

Unknown said...

Kathy,

A great stitch. I could see it on mittens, adding some depth and warmth. It is definitely a keeper. Thanks so much for sharing . . . now go get wet!

Lil Knitter said...

That's really pretty. I haven't heard of this stitch before.
Have a great time at the pool!
Hugs!

Wendy said...

I will be giving this stitch a try. May not do a cloth with it, I am sure I will be pulling my hair out trying to do it, but want to try it....
Have a great day........

Wendy said...

Ok I tried the stitch, very pretty but not for me...My fingers HURT from doing 8 rows.....

Turtle said...

love the looks...but it will have to wait till projects on needles get finished!

Unknown said...

Hmmm, the stitch looks interesting. Don't know if I will try it. I have a hard enough time keeping my attention on one project without adding extra needles and stuff. But it sure is pretty!

sailorcross said...

Very, very pretty!! I'll have to try it later--maybe after the baby blanket and the Christmas presents are finished!!

Have a wonderful swim!!

Beth

Kenyetta said...

Very interesting! I need to save this one!

Jane said...

Love this one. I think I'll use it when my next traveling scarf section arrives, which should be some time this week.
Have a great swim!!!

hakucho said...

That's a new one for me....very pretty :)

Got to put it on my list to do list to try....always so much to knit and too little time :)

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me