Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday- Black Holes, Hide & Seek and Lady

Well it's late but I am here.

I was driving home from therapy on Thursday and ahead of me was the darkest sky I had ever seen. I remembered I had my camera in my purse so while driving on the highway at 65mph I managed to get it out, turn it on and point it out the windshield and snap this photo. Funny it doesn't look as black in the picture but it seemed like I was about to drive into a BLACK HOLE. It was a little scary.
I got some new clothes this week, from a friend, my BFF, and everything she sent me fits and the good news is they are all one or two sizes smaller then what I wear now. She sent me 2 nightgowns (pink of course) does she know me or what? A black pair of exercise shorts with a pink stripe down the sides and a pink tank top. Oh and a new bathing suit (mine is wearing out) it's brown but gorgeous. I didn't take pictures of them but I should have. Maybe next weekend, I am too tired now, it's been a long day.

I have a baby shower to go to next Saturday so I am frantically trying to knit up a couple bibs and a hat and booties. I have a feeling I may be shopping at Walmart before then. I am not making much progress yet. I am such a procrastinator. The fact that I think I CAN actually go to Walmart and shop makes me excited. This is something I wouldn't even have considered even three months ago.


Adam wants to know if you are able to find him??? He is hiding. It's tricky but if you really search the picture you might just spot him. LOL. I love playing hide and seek with a four year old, they are just so sure if they can't see you then you for sure can't see them. We had a lot of fun this weekend. I wish I could share him with you all, when you are having a down day he would just brighten it right up. I can not imagine life without Adam.

Speaking of LIFE without...

This is Lady. She belonged to a friend from church who moved and couldn't take Lady with her so we became her adopted parents. That was 9 years ago. Unfortunately I have been out of work for 3 years now and caring for her as gotten to be more then we could manage, she has some health issues. So a friend drove from Maine to pick her up, our very own Animal Rescuer. She has already done more for Lady then I could have hoped for and even though she is not part of my family anymore, I KNOW she is now getting the best care and lots of LOVE.

I figured out how to get some new songs onto my IPOD (oddly enough this IPOD also came from the friend who came to get Lady) I now have 6 hours of Praise and Worship to workout to and keep me strong and at peace while I am in the hospital.

This week coming I have my last 2 Dr visits before therapy. Monday and Wednesday I have dates with the monster machines. Tuesday is my endoscopy and Thursday I meet with the surgeon for the last time and a final weigh in. It's getting close. I have been nothing but excited, but I am feeling a little nervous suddenly. I think I am nervous about life afterward. Things are going to be so different. I am going to be able to do things a "normal" person can do. It's been so long. It's like being pregnant for the first time, you are excited yet nervous, because life as you know it will never be the same again. Ha it's funny I feel like I am about to give birth to ... MYSELF. Now that's comical.

Well I am sure I have talked off your ear enough. It's tough when I save all the talking for the weekends.

Tomorrow morning Regis and I will announce the winner of week three in the contest...

I HOPE IT'S YOU!!!!!

5 comments:

Turtle said...

our skies have looked pretty similar to your spooky one! glad lady is going to a good home.

Katie O said...

glad lady is in a good happy home... at least you can be at peace with that... I wish you well at the doctor's visits... just the last few steps to becoming the "new" you. How exciting...

2 of my aunts did it over the last couple years and they said it was worth every penny and every ache and pain... But follow doctor's orders exactly... don't push anything too fast and follow all the rules... they said it makes recovery and success much much easier!! One is a nurse, so i really believe her!!!

sailorcross said...

Kathy,

So much to say to this post--

First, that sky does look spooky!! And it looks like there is only one other car on the road, and that is even spookier!!

And playing hide and seek with Adam has to be a lot of fun! I know in my class of 2 year olds, we play hide and seek with them. All some of them do is cover their faces with their hands, and because they can't see me they think I can't see them. They are just so funny and cute--and some of the things they say--just adorable and so spontaneous!

I am glad Lady is in a new home where she can be well cared for. I know it had to be hard to let her go--she is part of your family. But, rest assured that she will be loved and cared for in her new home

Now, on to you--of course, you're excited and nervous!! Everyone is nervous before a surgery. But, your surgery is for your benefit, and you must remember that.

Just take it easy afterward, give yourself time to recuperate and you'll do just fine. I'm praying for you, and I'll pray even harder on 11/5/08--your rebirthday!!

You will look different on the outside, but on the inside you will still be MY Aunt Kathy that I love--and the inside is the most important part!!

Love to you today and always,

Beth

Unknown said...

Kathy,

My prayers are with you and your family. This is such a huge step and I know that you will find it worth it in the long run. It is just getting to the long run that takes awhile. I know that they really make you jump through the ropes prior to this surgery. Your dedication to the goal is great. I am sure you are an inspiration to anyone who has ever considered this surgery. I know that you have been an inspiration to me.

God bless,

Mary Lynn

smariek said...

What a sky! I wouldn't want to drive out there.

Kids are funny. My DD will cover her eyes and then tell me that I can't see her!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me