Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday- The CONTEST has ended, and the final winner is...

And the FINAL winner of the OCTOBER Contest is CLAUDIA. Congratulations Claudia your post #37 on Thursday was the number REGIS picked today, so you get to choose a dishcloth pattern of your choice from Rachel's web site. I will PM you and Rachel on Ravelry later today.


They said I need to bring a pillow with me to the hospital and I had this heart shaped pillow from when my husband had open heart surgery a few years ago, so I decided to make it my own. I embroidered the one side with these words... I should have done a few things first...
1- I should have made a template to follow
2- I shouldn't have stitched free hand with no lines to follow

Yeah it's a little crooked but hey they words still mean the same right? LOL


Ok I decided to bite the bullet and show the picture of me in the new robe. It is my last fat picture I hope for a LONG LONG time.


Not sure if you can see the rash on my chins (yep there are more then one) I thought is was just psoriasis spreading (it's nerve/stress related) but it has gotten worse the last couple times in the pool. So I am stopping the pool until after surgery. I am bummed about that but it probably for the best. The blisters are painful and very very itchy.

Oh and don't fall over... I actually took out the socks I started like 3 months ago last night. I think I might try to finish the first sock today and then take the 2nd sock to the hospital with me. yep I am knitting socks again, woo hoo.

Good thing too because I have lot's of sock yarn to play with after surgery.

Well today is my last day of solid food for a few weeks. Tomorrow is liquids only and then Wednesday is surgery day.

I think I am going to go for a walk now, since I can;t swim. I want to have some sort of activity today.

I'll blog late tomorrow as I need to be at the polls by 5:30am.

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!!!!!

14 comments:

leah said...

I love the pillow! In the hospital is super to have reminders of where me must keep our thoughts! On the only one who can bring true healing!

Jane said...

Great pillow! And that robe is gorgeous too! Be watching for your mailman today - he has a surprise for you!

SimplyMe said...

Kath - the pillow says exactly what you need it to say. Love the robe, it wouldn't have closed in jan! You are doing great. May they figure out the rash while you are there. Better watch out for HOUSE!
Bwhahahahahahaha

CongratsClaudia

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Shelly... House! Hahaha

Big hugs, AK! My thoughts and prayers are with you, too. Love the pillow--it's perfect!

Anonymous said...

Kathy,
I am sorry you can't swim. don't let it get you down.

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful. You must be so excited to go in on Wednesday! You will be in my prayers for a safe, fast surgery and a super healthy recovery! No complications!

Claudia said...

Give Regis a big hug from me!!!!! Wow. It's been so much fun playing! :) You do the best contests!

I'm praying for you all the way through. You're much braver than I am. I'm way too chicken to go for the surgery. But I have such great feelings about you and how wonderful you're going to feel once you're done.

*hugs*

danielle said...

You are working polls too? So am I....my first time...

Best ofluck Wed and thereafter!

Anonymous said...

Kath!!!!!

I am so proud of you! you have lost so much already!!! that is AWESOME!! I will be thinking of you and praying for a speedy recovery!
ps....... do knit socks itch??? XOXOXOX Kathy M

Kenyetta said...

It is so nice to finally put a face with the blog! Nice to meet you!
The rash looks painful, but good luck on Wednesday! We are all rooting for you!

sailorcross said...

Your robe is beautiful!! And love your pillow!! You'll need it with you always--and remember that God is with you always!!

Your rash looks painful. Do you think you should have it looked at before the surgery to see what it definitely is? Oh, you know me--I work for doctors so I think everything should be looked at!!

Anyway, I'll be in touch while you're out of commission for a little while!!

In my prayers always,

Beth

hakucho said...

Your pillow is a perfect pillow to take with youQ! Your new robe looks very warm and cozy :) Can't wait to see your socks! Not long now....

Wendy said...

Love the pillow...I sure hope the rash is not someting that will keep them from doing the surgery..It sounds like a Staph infection and that is not good....
Hope you have a great day tomorrow, and will be praying for Wednesday...
ALSO a very very Happy and Blessed birthday to you ( a couple days early)
BIG HUGS...........

Unknown said...

Hey Kathy, just wanted to tell you that I will be there in spirit with you when you have your surgery. I wish you a fast recovery. And soon you will be melting away. I get dibs on your fat clothes!! lol really.
Happy Birthday to the sweetest gal.
Hugs Patt

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me