Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday- Happy 80th Birthday Mickey


Well it's official Mickey Mouse is 80 years old today. I really had no idea when I started knitting the dishcloth yesterday. I made the cloth for a friend who loves Mickey Mouse. The pattern however was not my own. I found it for free on the Internet. You can find the pattern here at Knitted Kitty Creations.

The Illusion version however is her pattern revised by me to make it bigger and an illusion. I really like the way it came out. My friend is going to love it. I did it in Christmas colors as I plan on giving it to her as a Christmas gift.

I am going to make another plain blue one like the one I did yesterday and then sew them together and make them into a pot holder.

She has really done a lot to help be before and after surgery. She fed my husband while I was in the hospital, cleaned my house, did laundry and dishes. Couldn't ask for more then all that. A dishcloth seems lame as a thank you but it's what I have to give.

The visiting nurse and home health aide were here today. I got a nice shower and they even washed my hair for me. I love to have my hair washed by someone else. It's like heaven.

I got a Christmas present for Adam today. It's what I wanted to get him and there was only one left in the store. Whew... that's one worry off my mind. Wanna know what it is??? Hmm maybe I'll tell you tomorrow, LOL

I am headed upstairs now to watch House, can't watch it downstairs cause we are taping NCIS and Biggest Loser. Tuesday is a busy TV night around here, LOL.

Hope you are all having a great day, it's been a great one here for me.

AK

6 comments:

SimplyMe said...

You butt! Is it one of those noisy hat things??

Glad to hear you had such a good day today. I think that's a great thank you gift. You are gifting with your talent and doing it with a theme you know she loves. Really, thoughtful and made with thanks. It doesn't get any better than that!!!

My feet hurt. I procrastinated and haven't wrapped a thing. Oh well, as Scarlet (o'hara) always says, "there's always tomorrow"

Hope you have a great one and are able to go to church.

Don't you have your follow up visit soon?

Muah!
me

Unknown said...

Any hand-made gift, especially, something appreciated, is a good gift.

Dontcha just love being able to snag the thing you want!!!

And, I adore having my hair washed. It is the best part of getting the hair done!

We are "in" swimming season. Too many early mornings for my DD, so I've seriously cutback on TV night.

Carol said...

I love it!!! Never thought of doing that with any of my patterns. Good job!!~Knitted Kitty

smariek said...

There you go keeping us in suspense, as usual. Will we have to wait until Adam opens his gift before we find out what it is?

The cloth came out well. I like both versions. I'm sure your friend will like it. Hand made gifts are the best.

Kenyetta said...

I am so glad you are recovering well!

hakucho said...

You MM Illusion cloth is very cute...you friend will love it I'm sure :)

Glad you are doing so well. Each day will get a little easier. Take care and enjoy Adam when he comes next!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me