Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday- Part Deux Finally or Not? Read ON

First I want to start off saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my baby sister Erin and my Aunt Jeannie and my Aunt Hazel.

Second let's remember to thank the men and women who have selfishly served our country on this Veteran's Day.

Third, can I tell you that having friends is just the greatest thing?



I found this picture on Flickr and thought it was perfect. If I had the time and the sharpie I'd make my own personal version, but this will have to do for now. But the night is wearing thin, so there is a link on the picture to the creator of this friendly hand.

When I was 18 I started my first outside real job. It was at a place called Friendly Home parties. I was a Data Entry Operator. It was there I met another 18 year old girl named Kathy. We have been friends ever since. We both were married young, had two boys around the same time and struggled with weight loss together. Anyway I haven't seen her really in maybe 4 years. Well she stopped by today and it was like we had no lapse. It was a GREAT day.

My word of advice today for those interested, call up that friend, go get a coffee, talk on the phone, send an email with a picture or a funny joke. But whatever you do, embrace the friendships, they have great healing. Just like the Lord... a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

NOW without further delay... here is part deux of my story.

As of Sunday morning my husband still didn't know about the surgery. But we were sitting in the living room and he said to me...

"You know if you can survive a major surgery like this and do so good you should be able to get that Lap Band thing"

Then God said tell him now, I try to always listen to GOD, so I said...

" I don't think I want to do that Lap band thing anymore"

then I paused a couple seconds and added

" Because I had the gastric Bypass done when they took out my gallbladder."

he nodded... you know like a man does when he is listening to his wife but not really paying full attention

Then he actually heard the words I spoke, and his head turned suddenly towards me and he smiled. Then he said...

"Give me that phone I need to call..."

He was not mad that I didn't tell him, but he was a little hurt that you all knew, lol. I told him you are always welcome to read my blog, LOL.

So the answer is YES, he knows, he is thrilled, he is not angry, he gets my surprise, and is being very attentive now (even more so then when he thought it was just the gallbladder) so geez maybe should have told him faster for the extra special treatment, everyone can always use a little extra TLC right?

So tonight I climbed the stairs so I could watch TV. He was shocked and concerned that I walked up there when he found me. But I assured him I was cleared to walk and climb stairs but I just can't lift more than 5 pounds. So my loving husband says...

"Well you weigh more then 5 pounds" LOL Thanks honey, I hadn't noticed that.

7 comments:

leah said...

I'm glad the timing was right and you knew! How wonderful to have such a supportive hubby!

SimplyMe said...

Whooo hooooo!

Love the pic, love the story of you're long lost friend, can't wait for tomorrow's topic and YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!

Bring bring

Naww. Just kidding.

Sleep on.

Oh, and Jeff's gonna work on it (thing wings) when he gets back here. YIPPEE!!!!!

Wendy said...

Oh how I know that nod all too well....and also the times I say something more than once because he is not listening, and yet he did not hear it even the third time..."Why didn't you tell me?" I am so very happy for you Kathy and wish you all the best in all your future.....Love and Big Hugs


P.S. I have come her about 10 times today waiting....and then I was going to bed but had to turn the computer back on just to check again...

sailorcross said...

Awwwwwwwww!!! Now he knows!! And he is thrilled for you!!!

YEAH!! I'm cheering for you and him over here!!!

What?? You climbed the stairs?? I know someone who had this done and they were still using a walker to get around after 2 weeks!! So you are an amazement!!

Love the hand!!

But, please remember to take it easy and not try to do too much. I wouldn't want you to wear yourself out.

I think that all the exercise on the monster machines and the swimming really helped get you ready for this surgery.

Bet you can't wait until you're able to get back into the pool.

And, just so you know, even though you may think it's funny--Miles fiasco didn't crack me up at 4 a.m. Now, today I have to clean all of this up!!

Beth

Kenyetta said...

I agree, please take it easy!
DH is great!

Unknown said...

Kathy,

Husband are just so "cute."

Love the hand and I totally agree about friends and friendship.

Take care of yourself and don't overdo it.

Claudia said...

awwwwwww Uncle Kathy is the BEST!!!!! Please give him a big hug from me. I have tears of joy running down my face for both of you. This is going to be the best holiday season for the two of you, I just know it. *hugs*

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me