It's late and I am tired, so today's blog is just a quick update on how today went.
The visit went very well. Several of the nurses and PA's came in to see me. They said they just wanted to see how I was doing. It was weird... usually they call your name while you are waiting in the reception area, but the girl walked right up to me like she knew me. They must have a thousand patients I am shocked that they remember me so well.
The surgeon looked at my incisions and saw they are almost 100% healed. Told me I can go back to swimming and monster machines in two more weeks. That was good news. I CAN drive now as long as I am not taking the pain pills (which I haven't in over 2 days now).
Next I saw the Nutritionist she went over the meds I am taking, both prescription and over the counter, told me to make sure to start on the soft foods today.
I am not scheduled to return again to either of them for 3 months. It's hard to say how much weight I have lost... I wonder about the 15 I gained during surgery. But I have lost that 15 plus 11 more. So my actual weight loss is 11 but it sort of looks like 26.
As for my soft foods today I tried some refried beans. They were good. I could only eat about 2tbs but they tasted good. I think tomorrow I'll try some cream of broccoli soup.
Went to support group tonight. I sure do like going to those. It will be a bummer when the snow arrives cause I wont drive there in the bad weather.
Tomorrow I hope to go visit my SIL who had a baby this morning. She is the one I made that baby blanket for and I'd like to bring it to her.
I guess that's about it for me. This cold is really wearing me out. Still no knitting today. This is not helping me get my Christmas list crossed off.
Good night all... sorry such a boring post today.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Sunday- A nothing sort of day
- Saturday- The Barber Tickles
- Friday- Black Friday Craziness
- Thursday- So Much to Be Thankful For
- Wednesday- What can I do with this?
- Tuesday- And then there were twelve
- Monday- Here Comes Billy
- Sunday- It's beginning to look a lot like...
- Saturday- Seeking and Smiling
- Friday- Errand Day
- Thursday- I passed
- Wednesday- Adam's a STAR
- Tuesday- Happy 80th Birthday Mickey
- Monday- Mouse in the House
- Sunday- Scarf it Up
- Saturday- Sweet things
- Friday- Fantastic, Fabulous Friends
- Thursday- Self Images and Illusions
- Wednesday- My Sister Went to Vegas and All I Got W...
- Tuesday- Part Deux Finally or Not? Read ON
- Monday- PEACE
- Sunday- 1st Full Day Home... Part One of the Story...
- She's HOME!!!!!
- It's Me, HELLO!
- The Day After
- And the updates begin.....
- MY BIRTHDAY and New Life Is HERE
- Election Day is Done
- Monday- The CONTEST has ended, and the final winne...
- Sunday- BUBBLES and BLISTERS
- Saturday- So What Time Is It Anyway?
- ▼ November (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States