Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday- I passed

It's late and I am tired, so today's blog is just a quick update on how today went.

The visit went very well. Several of the nurses and PA's came in to see me. They said they just wanted to see how I was doing. It was weird... usually they call your name while you are waiting in the reception area, but the girl walked right up to me like she knew me. They must have a thousand patients I am shocked that they remember me so well.

The surgeon looked at my incisions and saw they are almost 100% healed. Told me I can go back to swimming and monster machines in two more weeks. That was good news. I CAN drive now as long as I am not taking the pain pills (which I haven't in over 2 days now).

Next I saw the Nutritionist she went over the meds I am taking, both prescription and over the counter, told me to make sure to start on the soft foods today.

I am not scheduled to return again to either of them for 3 months. It's hard to say how much weight I have lost... I wonder about the 15 I gained during surgery. But I have lost that 15 plus 11 more. So my actual weight loss is 11 but it sort of looks like 26.

As for my soft foods today I tried some refried beans. They were good. I could only eat about 2tbs but they tasted good. I think tomorrow I'll try some cream of broccoli soup.

Went to support group tonight. I sure do like going to those. It will be a bummer when the snow arrives cause I wont drive there in the bad weather.

Tomorrow I hope to go visit my SIL who had a baby this morning. She is the one I made that baby blanket for and I'd like to bring it to her.

I guess that's about it for me. This cold is really wearing me out. Still no knitting today. This is not helping me get my Christmas list crossed off.

Good night all... sorry such a boring post today.

6 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Congrats to your sil! She's going to love the blanket you made, it rocks.

I'm sooooooo glad the dr appt went well, as did group.

You're not boring today, you're full of great news.

I was anxious to see what your first soft food was and how it went, I should have KNOWN!!!

Have a great day and talk to ya tomorrow!!!

Muah

Wendy said...

I would be afraid to eat any kinds of beans for a first....Brave soul you are....from what I have heard fatty foods and dairy can bother you, so watch out for those...
Glad to hear everything went well and hope you get to go see the baby........
HUGS

Anonymous said...

That was not a boring post at all! It is wonderful to hear that you are doing so well! Keep up the great work, and I know you will be happy when you can start swimming again!

katerina said...

Not boring in the least! It's nice to get an update, and congrats on all the progress! Maybe you can find an online support group for when the weather gets cold so you still have friends/people to help.

Maria said...

I have been a little out of the loop...Glad you are feeling ok! You sound really good! Praying for you!

Jane said...

Keep up the good work! You are doing great!

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me