Sunday, November 9, 2008
Well I am back. I DID IT
Honestly the surgery was not too hard at all. It took 5 hours and then 3 more in recovery. I was walking though 45 min after reaching my room. I knew it was important so I wanted to be a good patient.
As most of you know I did NOT tell my husband about the gastric bypass part. I knew I would at some point but didn't know exactly when. When I arrived at the hospital he was parking the car so I told the nurse it was a secret so she put a note in my file. This worked perfectly, as far as he knew I was only having out my gallbladder.
The anesthesiologist however did not look at my file before coming to talk to me. Uh OH. He goes through his usual routine asking my name, birthday and reason for surgery. I said I was there for a R U N Y Lapriscopic Gallbladder. RUNY (spelt different) is the formal name for the gastric bypass. Well he didn't know about the gallbladder so said you are having a bypass and gallbladder? I kept emphisizing the gallbladder part and he was confused so went to look at my file. You should have seen the paniced look his face made. He came back and said confirmed the gallbladder, LOL. Gary was a little confused about the conversation but he thought the guy just made a mistake. Whew. He later apologized after Gary went to the waiting room. I told him it was all good.
My next fear was the DR would say something when he told Gary I was in recovery but apparently he got the memo, lol.
The next fear came when my mother in law said are you sure she didn't have that bypass thing and not her gallbladder out. He said NO her gallbladder was full of stones (and it was). Whew hurdle three cleared.
Have I told him yet??? Well you'll have to wait until tomorrow when I continue the story.
The only sad sad part is I came home from the hospital and I have gained, YES GAINED, almost 15 pounds. Now I knew to expect this, due to the saline they pumped me up with and stuff, but geez 15 pounds and I haven't eaten since Monday. YIKES
BUT I am doing good, feeling great and positive and ready for this new journey in my life.
I'll see you all sometime tomorrow.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Sunday- A nothing sort of day
- Saturday- The Barber Tickles
- Friday- Black Friday Craziness
- Thursday- So Much to Be Thankful For
- Wednesday- What can I do with this?
- Tuesday- And then there were twelve
- Monday- Here Comes Billy
- Sunday- It's beginning to look a lot like...
- Saturday- Seeking and Smiling
- Friday- Errand Day
- Thursday- I passed
- Wednesday- Adam's a STAR
- Tuesday- Happy 80th Birthday Mickey
- Monday- Mouse in the House
- Sunday- Scarf it Up
- Saturday- Sweet things
- Friday- Fantastic, Fabulous Friends
- Thursday- Self Images and Illusions
- Wednesday- My Sister Went to Vegas and All I Got W...
- Tuesday- Part Deux Finally or Not? Read ON
- Monday- PEACE
- Sunday- 1st Full Day Home... Part One of the Story...
- She's HOME!!!!!
- It's Me, HELLO!
- The Day After
- And the updates begin.....
- MY BIRTHDAY and New Life Is HERE
- Election Day is Done
- Monday- The CONTEST has ended, and the final winne...
- Sunday- BUBBLES and BLISTERS
- Saturday- So What Time Is It Anyway?
- ▼ November (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States