Monday, February 11, 2008

Tuesday- Socks, Security and Seven things

Well it's Tuesday. My husband went for his first of two classes to get approved for a security guard. He is going to get a part time job working at our local arena where they have concerts and sports events at.

Angie called and Adam is doing much better and does not appear to be in any more pain. He is already asking to come back to Nana and Papa's. He might come over tomorrow after school. We are expecting snow tomorrow sometime so not sure if he will stay the night because maybe no school on Thursday... we shall see.

My blah buster buddy has been following me all around the house trying to help. I have been taking her picture and am making a slide show about it. I can't show them all yet as I think there is a contest or something, I am waiting for more details. LOL But here is a sneak peek at what's to come. LOL



I started working on the sock pattern I got from Maria... I tried at first with the beautiful sock yarn but frogged it out. Then I decided to try again but I used a different yarn, Caron simply soft, that I had laying around to try to figure out how to get a circular thing started. I started with circular needles but after the ribbing moved onto double pointed and so far so good. I don't know what I did right this time but it's working. Now because this yarn is much thicker then it should be I only did 4" instead of 7" for the leg portion, they will be more like slipper socks. I was going to rip it out and just try again with the right yarn but I got this far



I couldn't bring myself to frog it. So I decided I'd finish up the one sock and then do the real pair and then come back and do the match to this one.

If all goes well I should finish this tomorrow. This is where I have stopped, it's getting late and I am getting tired.



Also CAT tagged me the other day, I am supposed to tag 7 other people but I feel after the Make My Day Award I might scare a few people away, so I will instead post the 7 things about me and then leave it at that. Should anyone want to post 7 things about themself on your blog feel free, I'd love to go read all about it. LOL. Oh and CAT is having a contest too that runs until Friday for some sock yarn... go over and take a guess OK?

SEVEN things you may not know about me:

1- I went to 13 different schools, between Kindergarten and Twelfth grade

2- I was married at the age of 17, and needed my mothers signature to do it

3- Bill Cosby once made a joke about me while performing a show in Las Vegas, I was 9

4- I never missed a home game for the San Diego Padres between 1974 and 1979 and had everyones autographs, including Ozzie Smith and Dave Winfield when they were just rookies.

5- I have been selling Avon for 28 years

6- The first concert I ever attended was The Bay City Rollers and I caught a scarf that one of the singers threw into the crowd.

7- I had third degree burns on both of my hands after being in a house fire and God healed me so that I don't have a single scar left.

There you go, that's my exciting life, LOL. I know you all are wishing you were me huh?

And now that said, it's almost midnight and I need to publish this. See you all tomorrow, God willing.

AK
Psa 30:2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.

6 comments:

Turtle said...

pretty yarn on the sock and what a cool stash of dishtowels. I love your blah buddy!

Maria said...

Great socks! I can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

oh WOW!!!!! I loved reading your 7. The third degree was so awesome to hear about. You truly are blessed.

Hugs!!!!

hakucho said...

Wow you have had an interesting and blessed life :)
Glad Adam is feeling better.

You were so smart to learn sock knitting with the thicker yarn. I made two pairs with wool-ease (DK weight) before even attempting real sock yarn. You'll be fine once you finish your first one :)

happy knitting :)

Mary Ann said...

Hi Kathy! I enjoyed reading your 7! You are blessed for sure.

Your sock looks great. I joined a crocheted sock group on Raverly, but have no idea what kind of yarn to make a pair with. One person told me his favorite, which is so far out of my price range that I can't even think about it. There has to be something a little cheaper!

I haven't written in my blog for awhile, so I think I'm about due.

Talk to you later!

SimplyMe said...

You have no idea how happy that pic of you with the sock ON makes me....no clue.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me