Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thursday, Reality TV and all of that

Well I know in NY it's after midnight but according to Blogger it's still Thursday so I am going to post this as if it was still Thursday. Now normally I wouldn't even go into explaining all of that since you'd never know, except I just took a picture of my current sock project and someone (not naming any names, AK) must have turned on the date stamp when they inserted new batteries yesterday and the picture in big yellow numbers proudly displays February 22, 2008. Oops as Shelly would say... MY BAD.



So here you go, a picture of the sock so far with the yarn I am not loving at all. I mean the yarn itself is soft and that part is fine but I just don't like the pattern set up. I am committed though, or should I say I should BE committed. Anyway I will finish the sock and make it's match... from then well who knows. Charity??? Kindling for the wood stove???

Got caught up today on American Idol, Big Brother and Survivor oh and Don't Forget The Lyrics, I don't mean don't forget the lyrics, I mean Don't Forget The Lyrics. LOL
It was nice, hubby was working at the arena again tonight, another concert, this time it was Matchbox 20, no clue who they are or what they sing, but I do remember seeing them mentioned or a song playing of theirs during the pre-race stuff for NASCAR last Sunday.

Other then that not much else is new around here. We are in for a snow storm tomorrow, it's an all-dayer too, my son will be driving my car to work, hopefully we don't have a repeat of last weeks snow storm. That would be BAD, very BAD.

I'll check in again tomorrow, hopefully a little earlier then today... don;t want to risk messing up my blog 365 or the everyday blogging for the month... What's that called Mel?? NAPABLO??? I have no clue, look for the little Pillsbury Doughboy in my side bar, he knows what I am talking about.

I usually leave you with a scripture but today I saw a quote and I have decided it was a quote that was meant just for me, so I am going to share it with you all today.

AK
"Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps. We must step up the stairs."

Ah heck I can't leave without a scripture too, here you go
Pro 29:18 Where [there is] no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy [is] he.

3 comments:

SimplyMe said...

Well, Juan would be so glad to know that he's gone from NoPablo to NaPablo....maybe soon he'll be YaPablo!

Kindling...the sock? For schizzle. come On, it really doens't look bad. If Erin doesn't like it, DONATE THE Flippin thing to DeeDee. She doesn't care what it looks like, as long as it's a handmade sock. She's gonna drive me nuts with this sock desire. That kid has caviar taste on a once a week newspaper route budget. So sad. (but she's a great schmoozer)

Marti Knits in SF said...

There's a yahoo group called loves many cloths that has people who are giving and collecting for their local domestic violence shelters, pet shelters, homeless shelters and hospitals. They collect dishcloths, scarves, mittens, gloves, caps, blankets, lapghans, booties and more. There's a link on my site.

As for reality TV, I'm addicted to the Bravo station list of Project Runway, Top Chef, Millionaire Matchmaker, Housewives of Orange County soon to be New York City and the Law and Order Criminal Intent repeats.

hakucho said...

I'm sure your sock when finished will be lovely. It's always a surprise how some of the variegated yarns will knit up. I bet they'll be very warm and cozy :)

happy knitting :)

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me