Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday- Contest Day #24- Pass The Marshmallow Please

Well here I am, finally.
~
TUESDAYS CONTEST QUESTION-
~
So what is the craziest thing you have ever made or the craziest thing you have ever seen online that someone else made? Post your answer in the comment section to get today's entry in the soon ending February contest. Any comment will count so don't be shy, OK?
~
So for my recent crazy project...
~
Remember this?

Well finally I can show you what it turned out to be...
This was my Marshmallow Project for the Cocoa Swap 2 this year. The sad part, these marshmallows are a year old. Why because I bought them to make a project last year for the 1st Cocoa Swap and never did. They were not as fresh and easy to work with but I made due. I think I'll start planning Cocoa Swap 3 project NOW. There was some really good competition. Check them all out here on the Cocoa Swap blog. I wonder if without looking you can pick which one WON 1st place. I'll give you a hint, it was NOT mine. LOL
~
Well it's almost Wednesday already. I have had quite a night and a day. I am pretty tired. I woke up in the early morning with a pain that I had no idea where it came from. Thought I was gonna have to go to the hospital. But thank God after an hour or two it stopped. It's also been VERY COLD here today and with the furnace not working downstairs well I am too cold to knit. It's frustrating.
~
Car updtate... we are $900 in to repairs and the car still won't turn on. {{sigh}} Hopefully they can figure it out before Thursday. I almost wish we didn't try to fix it at all and just used the money to find another car. Sure wish we were getting an income tax refund about now, but sigh again, looks like we have to pay.
~
So I am going to head off to bed, I am considering going upstairs and sleeping there tonight, the warm air rises and it's warmer up there. But there is no bathroom up there so that's why I stay downstairs. Maybe a third blanket.
~
You all have a wonderful night and may you have sweet dreams all night long.
~
Good night, AK

15 comments:

Maria said...

Oh Kathy, I hope you sleep well, sweetie. Wish I could send some of this Arizona heat up to you! I hope you wake up warm ,happy and ready for the day!!! Your marshmallow project is cute and very unique!!
Sleep tight!

Wendy said...

I just LOVE the marshamllow project...Way too cute....
I like it cool when I sleep, about 63 is perfect for me, of course when it comes time to get out of the bed, now that is a different story, especially when I sleep in PJ's but take the pants off when I go to sleep...
I would not want to sleep that far from the bathroom either, I get up too many times at night..SO I would opt for another blanket, and snuggle really deep in them.
I am so sorry to hear about the car...I hope things look up with it....and by the time you need to go to the doctors....
Big Hugs

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

I hope you feel better tomorrow dont feel bad I loved your entry so happy and creative:)I would love to lay on a beach in a hammock basking in the sun.I cannot knit when in pain so i know the frustration.Craziest thing I have seen a giant knitted vagina.Iam knitting olives which are cute but a booger to knit and I have only managed to knit 2 since February 15Th.Hugs Darcy

Knitnut,Karen said...

Love your project. Hope you feel better and get some heat soon.
Unfortunately for me, whenever I make a project, with my time always being so limited, the project has to be specific. I don't think I've ever made anything strange or even crazy.

Unknown said...

I know why you made the cocoa paradise...because you're freezing!! I love it.
Have a great day.

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

haha!! how cute!!! I love your marshmellow project!! :D The craziest thing i've ever made... hmm... well, i dont think the thing in itself is crazy but it was crazy that i had enough confidence to try it... It was a surprise RAK for a person on ravelry... I can't exactly tell you what it is because this person hasn't received it yet... but it turned out sooo cute!! :D I will be posting pics both on my blog and ravelry as soon as i receive confirmation she received it! :D

Renna said...

I guess I'm not very creative, as I've only ever made run-of-the-mill stuff. I do love the ingenuity of your island man on marshmallows, though! ;-)

Claudia said...

Your marshmallow project is adorable. Sure is better than anything I'd be able to come up with!

So sorry about the pain. Hope it doesn't return!

Grace said...

the craziest thing I ever knit was the bearded hat for a friend. It was an experience thats for sure!!

Jane said...

I'm sending you down some heat - hope it doesn't get cold on the way! Your marshmallow man is really cute! The craziest thing I ever knit - guess it would have to be that apron for the dishsoap!

Katie O said...

Well, I made a little warmer for the, um, "male unmentionables" LOL... it was for a good friend of mine, cuz he asked if I could make him one... and he didn't think i would do it!! LOL I have a picture somewhere, but haven't posted it anywhere!!! :)

Kenyetta said...

Nice project! Sorry about the car troubles. In laws just paid $1000 to get body work done and the motor went out the next day.

sailorcross said...

That is just so cute!!! Yes, I am back, but intermittently, it seems!! Apparently, the cables here are old, old, old (like me!) and the "cable guy" is coming tomorrow to run new lines!!

I hope you're feeling better soon, and that this pain doesn't recur!!

Now, I have never intentionally knit anything crazy, but I have knit some things that have turned out crazy!!

Keep your body warm and your mind cool!!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I voted for your marshmallow lady! I love her knitted bikini! I wish I had that kinda body ;)

smariek said...

I love it!!! That is way cute and very creative.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me