Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday- Contest Day #20- Playing With Clay

Well first off let's get to Finishing Friday. I already posted the picture of the Maple Leaf dishcloth/hot pad so I won't bore you again. The other project I finished this week was thisIt was our Mystery KAL on the WhoDuKnit Yahoo group.
~
FRIDAYS CONTEST QUESTION-
~
How long have you gone without knitting or crocheting something? Post your answer if you can, lol, in the comment section to receive todays entry in the February contest. If you can't answer, for whatever reason, that's OK too. Any old comment will get your entered.
~
I ask this because it's been THREE days since I held yarn or needles in my hand and I am going CRAZY. But suddenly I have no time, energy or real desire to start a new project or finish a started one. I didn't even bring anything with me to the DR's today, {{sigh}} Maybe tomorrow I'll make something... but maybe not. Why you ask? You did ask didn't you? Well just looky here at what I bought todayYep I am about to step into the world of clay sculpting. Patt has inspired me and I just have to give it a try. I think Adam and I tomorrow will have a little craft lesson and see what we can come up with.
~
Yep Adam is here, he couldn't wait to come to Nana's. He is sleeping in NO pull up tonight, let's see if my bed stays dry.
~
My car is still broken, not going there today... maybe over the weekend.
~
DR appt went well too but it's late so I'll talk about my day on Saturdays post.
~
Now it's bed time for this sleepy head, Adam has already gone into dream land. Have a wonderful night and I wish you all sweet dreams as you sleep. And dry eds, LOL.
~
AK

13 comments:

Renna said...

I have actually put my knitting aside for months at a time, thought it's been many months since I did that. I do go a few days at a time without knitting, on a fairly regular basis.

SimplyMe said...

Try years. I learned as a child and was all on it, but left it behind for the teen years........and I didn't pick it up until dd2 was about 2, and I realized all the "cool" kids sweater patterns at the time were all knit, not crochet. I picked up the sticks, and I'd say no more than a month or so has passed between pick ups since.

Enjoy the weekend!

Wendy said...

Well lets see here, I went probably 8 yrs without crocheting, but when I started again, 2 1/2 yrs ago, I have not gone more than 4 days without something being made...I have clay, and was making tip protectors, but put them back down, was not getting too much enjoyment out of them...William wore underpants today, but they only lasted 2 hours, before he went pee and poop in them....we will try again tomorrow...

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

oh my!... I went about 5-7 days without knitting or crocheting... I just am so busy!!! But, those days were not lost!! lol... i looked for new projects, and bought new yarn on a couple of those days! haha ;)

sailorcross said...

Well, let's see--I learned to knit when I was 9, but then didn't pick it up again for many, many years. But, I wasn't addicted at that point.

Now, all my yarn has already been moved, and I was searching around here the other night--just for a little bit of yarn!! Found it!! But, where are the needles--at the new house!! So, it's been days and yes, I'm missing it! But, I'll have time soon!!

I won't have internet service until Wednesday, so keep a watch on the Lighthouse for me, okay??

Beth

Knitnut,Karen said...

Well, I started knitting when I was 17 yrs.of age. There was a time that I put it down and didn't pick it up for about 15 yrs. Had a child born with birth defect and with having 2 other children to care for there was no time for knitting. If I'd only realized what a stress reliever it would have been for me to have sit and tried to knit something.Instead, I was as a stress eater.

Unknown said...

I think I went about 2 months without knitting. I was pregnant, it was summer, and I was sick! But it eventually came back around. I don't think I was even on Rav that much.

Now quit tempting me with another craft! I barely have enough time as it is to knit, let alone play with clay, LOL. Those stitch markers are adorable. I can't wait to see what you come with. How about some cardinals?

Jane said...

I really can't remember when I didn't have some kind of knitting going - it's only been the past few years that I've been knitting every day. I do go without knitting for a few days sometimes when I just can't get started on a project. That's why I like to have something going that I can just pick up and knit, like a felted bag.
Wow - when you get into a new craft you do it in a big way LOL
Can't wait to see what you come up with. And you know, you don't have to knit for your whoduknit projects - it can be any craft. So keep that in mind!

Unknown said...

Wow you are ready to go!! Super. I had to get up last nite cuz it was too hot in bedroom and I ended up making a yellow bunny and a couple of easter eggs! Hurry and show us what you and Adam have made.
Hugs Patt

Kenyetta said...

I have went a month or two, maybe more. I was in a funk then.
I have tried to get my girls into the clay. I want to make the play foods. Let me know how it goes.

Anonymous said...

Ah! Can I come over and play crafts with you and Adam!?! I love fimo!!!

Teresa said...

Yea, Adam is back. I'm sure you two had a wonderful time with your new venture. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

I can't say how long I have ever gone. There are always dry spells or times you try something new but I always come back to crocheting, knitting or quilting.

smariek said...

I started knitting about 4 months before DD was born. I can tell you than knitting came to a standstill after she was born, but I can't say for exactly how long.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me