Monday, February 16, 2009

Monday- Contest Day #16- Happy Birthday Papa

Happy Birthday Papa

Today is my husbands birthday, so I figured I'd dedicate today's blog title to him. He unfortunatley had to work both jobs today so no celebrations. Maybe tomorrow we can have a cake or something, well he can, I can't have sweets anymore. I'll have a sugar free pudding instead.
~
Contest Focus For Monday-
~
Is there a new technique or pattern type you are planning on trying out this year? What is it? I am always curious about what people are learning. Post your answer in the comment section for another entry in this months contest. Even if you aren't planning on trying anything new a comment still gets you an entry so don't be shy.
~
I am going to really work on Fair isle or Intarsia knitting this year. I liked making that heart mug cozy for the Cocoa Swap this year and I want to learn how to make something like a hat in that manner. It's going to be tough but I hope by Christmas I have figured it out and made at least one gift in the process.
~
I worked on this a little today with a double sided dishcloth. It's for the WhoDuKnit Yahoo group it's my project from the book we read in January "Casting Spells". I was going to post the picture tonight but I didn't get it uploaded yet and it's late and I'm tired so it will have to wait until tomorrow.
~
Sorry for the fast post today, just not a lot to say I guess. I need to start blogging earlier when my brain is still working. LOL
~
Praying you all have a wonderful night and sweet dreams.
~
See you Tuesday, AK

18 comments:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I plan to try entrelac, I just need to find the project I want to do. I think it will be something like a cushion. Small enough to finish but large enough to really learn the technique.

Unknown said...

as u know, I'm working on making some socks with hearts and diamonds. it's going pretty good. I want to do some toe up socks next. and I made some ferret stitch markers for a custom order yesterday.
Happy Birthday Papa, hope you have many more but take the day off next one.

Unknown said...

toe up socks . . . or maybe just socks . . .

Unknown said...

Colorwork is on my list of things to learn. Stranded, fair-isle, whatever you want to call it. I guess I can do it, but I want to do more of it, especially on mittens.

Knitnut,Karen said...

I have challenged myself to learn more difficult techniques. I started knitting at 17. Picked it up & down through the years and haven't been able to stop since I picked it up 10 yrs. ago. I NEED to learn make things with entrelac and cables, etc!

Maria said...

not sure yet. intarsia, maybe. To finish at ;east one new sweater of some difficulty...learning exactly what "negative ease" means....

RoamingKnitter said...

I like to knit intarsia. Haven't done much Fair Isle. I am learning to knit 2 socks cuff down on 2 circulars right now. I have done 2 toe up on 2 circs but not top down. I have a serious hang-up with double knitting. I plan to get that into my mind this year.

Happy Birthday to your dear one.

Jane said...

I can't wait to see your Casting Spells project!
I guess I'm going to learn how to do toe up socks (or at least the toe) since it looks like we will be doing that in a KAL on whoduknit next month.

Bubblesknits said...

I want to try two socks at a time and colorwork. :-)

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

I'm wanting to learn how to do socks and gloves!!! :D hopefully i can pick it up kinda fast!! :D

Claudia said...

I'm tired of saying it, but I still want to learn socks. I have the dpns to learn, too. When I finish my current project, I need to pick up the dpns and do some practicing and then grab one of my sock patterns and just dive in. Wish I had someone to knit with to help me. I always feel like I need a safety net. ugh.

Happy Birthday Uncle Kathy!!!!!!! Give him a big ole hug from me, okay? *HUG*

Kenyetta said...

I think I want to try fair isle or thrumming. I have intarsia down.

Renna said...

I want to give Magic Loop a try. I'm not certain I'll prefer it, as I am someone who actually likes knitting on dpn's, but I want to at least see what all the fuss is about. ;-)

Wendy said...

There are so many things (techniques) I want to try with my knitting.....not any one but MANY...I found a sock tutorial online, so that I can learn how to make socks, now to get someone to print it out for me, because it is 22 pages and I will need it in front of me to do it...and the printer is without ink.....

Sarah Bear said...

Spinning my own fiber to make toe up socks, intarsia, and there is one more but forgot what its called. Come to think of it there are several others that have slipped my mind at this very moment.

Teresa said...

My plans are socks and color work of some sort. Maybe I will get good enough at both I can combine them!

SimplyMe said...

No new plans for the year,,Happy Birthday Gary

smariek said...

I mentioned some of goals here and am currently working on #6, but have totally failed on #5.

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me