Well I made it to the Dr's today. You know they really amaze me. I saw all my DR's within a week of my surgery. Their charts showed my weight and they know my current weight yet they all still asked me if I had the surgery yet. Are you kidding me??? Anyway, I told the Dr I was concerned I might be dehydrated, my lips are dry and cracked and so are my hands and fingers. So he took my blood to see what it will tell him. I don't know the results yet, but the fact they could get the blood was a good sign.
I didn't get to go clear the parking ticket though. I was tired and a little woozy so I just stopped at the Pharmacy and then came home. I had to pick up a script and get Vaseline for my lips and Eucerin lotion for the dry skin.
I got home and figured I'd better eat something since I had nothing because of the blood work. Well that didn't go well. Had some turkey and cheese maybe an ounce... let's just say I might avoid that for the next week or so. Eweeeeee
Ok enough of the boring stuff... let's get to the Christmas crafts.
This is the Christmas present ornament I made yesterday. The pattern was easy enough but I found it a little confusing the way it was written. It didn't piece together as easy as I expected it would but I managed to get a rectangle shape in the end so that was good. The bow instructions had me pulling out my hair so I just adapted and made 4 loops from a crocheted chain.
Then today I decided to try a Minature Sweater Ornament. I got the sweater part no problem. Had a little trouble with the sleeves... probably my fault. But in the end I think it looks like a sweater so I am happy.
Then I tried this Little Snowman Ornament. I made it a little bigger then the pattern asked for. Seems I am always adjusting a pattern these days. Oh well. I didn't think I was going to like this as I was making it but when it was all done I LOVED it.
I changed the accessories too. I used yarn for the eyes and nose. And pom poms for the buttons. I even got the nose to stick out a little (See the picture below). I might make a couple more of these now that I see the finished project.
There are still a few ornaments I want to try to make. So hopefully more pictures to follow.
In the meantime I'll leave you with the news of the Cocoa Swap 2 sign up's going on now. I was apart of this last year and it was a blast. Only 100 people can join and you need to live in the US or Canada. If you are interested here is the link to the website that explains everything.
Ok I am off to bed. Tired barely describes how I feel tonight.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Wednesday- Waving Goodbye to 2008
- Tuesday- Turn on the HEAT
- Monday- My Closet Explained, LOL
- Sunday- Swaps, Sweets and Sweat
- Saturday- Some Pictures of Finished Stuff
- Friday- Waving Hello to My Friends
- Thursday- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Wednesday- Merry Christmas Eve, 20th Year Annivers...
- Tuesday- Is It World War Three Already?
- Monday- Where I Live, Where I Worship
- Sunday- Snowy but Special
- Saturday- Something for Everyone
- Friday- Frosty the Snowman meets Rudolph
- Thursday- Thank You, Thank You
- Wednesday- What else could happen?
- Tuesday- Doesn't it figure.
- Monday- Dora and Boots are in the house
- Sunday- Sweet Surprises and Santa too
- Saturday- Someone Went to Sears
- Friday- Freezing Frenzy, But Fantastic Foto's
- Thursday- I Couldn't Help Myself...
- Wednesday- Well I've Gone and Done It Now
- Tuesday- Take My Blood Please
- Monday- Man That's HUGE
- Sunday- Here Comes Santa Clause...
- Saturday- So here's how it goes...
- Friday- Fiddlesticks and Fudge
- Wednesday- Just Lock Me UP, I'd be better off
- Tuesday- I woke up OLD today
- Monday- Maybe I should have stayed in bed
- ▼ December (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States