Well I received a package today. It came from Beth and I was so not expecting this at all. Some of you may have seen her beautiful crocheted angels. If not here is a picture of the one she sent me. I LOVE it. I also loved the Christmas card, and the note inside. Beth this was just what I needed this week. It's been a rough week, but God always finds a way to shine some HOPE. This time He chose you. Thank you for hearing Him and obeying.
Yesterday I finished a gift for our newest nephew, he will be a month old around Christmas. I found this pattern on Ravelry. Actually I first found the pattern for the booties. And after they were done I decided I NEEDED an elf hat to match. This was the closest pattern to the vision in my head.
Elfin Baby Set pattern (used hat pattern only)
Elfin Baby Booties pattern These were so EASY to crochet up and like the designer said if you have an hour you can have a pair of booties. Maybe in even less time. I LOVE them.
And here is a picture of the set together.
Well we are in for another winter storm starting tomorrow. They are saying 1 to 2 inches an hour could fall. Looks like I will be stranded at home again tomorrow.
So in preparation I decided to get in a little extra swimming today. I swam for 2 hours and that meant I swam 1 1/2 miles.
Then I thought, gee I better get some groceries before we get snowed in... so I walked for an hour in the market and stocked up. Then I had to carry in all the bags cause no one was here to help me. Guess what? My feet hurt. But it's a good hurt. 6 months ago I would not have even been able to walk into the store much less shop. God has been so good to me this year.
I called to make sure Adam had his snow pants when he goes to school tomorrow so we could go out and make a snowman this weekend. Well it turns out he is sick. They should have called to let me know, but that's neither here nor there, I guess. So looks like NO Adam this weekend? OH NO what will I blog about? What will I take pictures of?
You know maybe I will go out and make a snowman anyway and take a picture of that. LOL Perhaps I can knit him a hat and scarf too... ooh maybe an Elfin set. LOL
Oh I tried some FF Cottage Cheese with Pineapple for my dinner tonight. I was able to eat about 1/4 cup and I DID NOT get sick. YAY. I also weighed in today and lost another 4 pounds this past week. It's slowed down from last month but still a GREAT loss and I am excited that soon I will be in a new weight category. It's been so long.
I guess that's it for now. I'll be around tomorrow, you can count on it. Just like you can count on God never leaving your side, ever.
Hbr 13:5 [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Good night friends... Sweet dreams
- ► 2009 (272)
- Wednesday- Waving Goodbye to 2008
- Tuesday- Turn on the HEAT
- Monday- My Closet Explained, LOL
- Sunday- Swaps, Sweets and Sweat
- Saturday- Some Pictures of Finished Stuff
- Friday- Waving Hello to My Friends
- Thursday- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Wednesday- Merry Christmas Eve, 20th Year Annivers...
- Tuesday- Is It World War Three Already?
- Monday- Where I Live, Where I Worship
- Sunday- Snowy but Special
- Saturday- Something for Everyone
- Friday- Frosty the Snowman meets Rudolph
- Thursday- Thank You, Thank You
- Wednesday- What else could happen?
- Tuesday- Doesn't it figure.
- Monday- Dora and Boots are in the house
- Sunday- Sweet Surprises and Santa too
- Saturday- Someone Went to Sears
- Friday- Freezing Frenzy, But Fantastic Foto's
- Thursday- I Couldn't Help Myself...
- Wednesday- Well I've Gone and Done It Now
- Tuesday- Take My Blood Please
- Monday- Man That's HUGE
- Sunday- Here Comes Santa Clause...
- Saturday- So here's how it goes...
- Friday- Fiddlesticks and Fudge
- Wednesday- Just Lock Me UP, I'd be better off
- Tuesday- I woke up OLD today
- Monday- Maybe I should have stayed in bed
- ▼ December (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States