This is a map of the city of Watervliet, back in the 1800's... it shows the Original Boundries. The town now has only 11,000 people. The surrounding areas have broken away and taken new names... Troy, Albany, Menands, Loudonville, Latham, Cohoes, Green Island to name a few.
I live in Watervliet now although I am not a native. I was born and raised in California. But Watervliet is full of natives. And that's one of the things I LOVE about this town. There is such History here. When I work the polls during election time I hear all the stories of how it used to be, and I hope that one day I will know them all well enough to share those memories with future generations.
My church is based here in Watervliet. We have such a heart for this city. And it was once spoken to us that God would give us this city in it's original boundries. We have been holding onto that promise for 19 years. We want to see all the people in this city and the surrounding areas BLESSED.
So when we came across this print of the original map of Watervliet in it's original boundries we had to get it for the Pastor for Christmas this year. And we were right, He loved it.
Onto the knitting front... I finished two scarves today. I haven't taken any photos yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Not much time left but I might get it all done by Christmas. I might still be knitting on Christmas though, lol.
Trying to stay warm is a challenge, I am wishing I had an afghan project to be working on.
Well the night is getting late and I think I am off to bed. Have a wonderful night and I'll see you tomorrow.
- ► 2009 (272)
- Wednesday- Waving Goodbye to 2008
- Tuesday- Turn on the HEAT
- Monday- My Closet Explained, LOL
- Sunday- Swaps, Sweets and Sweat
- Saturday- Some Pictures of Finished Stuff
- Friday- Waving Hello to My Friends
- Thursday- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Wednesday- Merry Christmas Eve, 20th Year Annivers...
- Tuesday- Is It World War Three Already?
- Monday- Where I Live, Where I Worship
- Sunday- Snowy but Special
- Saturday- Something for Everyone
- Friday- Frosty the Snowman meets Rudolph
- Thursday- Thank You, Thank You
- Wednesday- What else could happen?
- Tuesday- Doesn't it figure.
- Monday- Dora and Boots are in the house
- Sunday- Sweet Surprises and Santa too
- Saturday- Someone Went to Sears
- Friday- Freezing Frenzy, But Fantastic Foto's
- Thursday- I Couldn't Help Myself...
- Wednesday- Well I've Gone and Done It Now
- Tuesday- Take My Blood Please
- Monday- Man That's HUGE
- Sunday- Here Comes Santa Clause...
- Saturday- So here's how it goes...
- Friday- Fiddlesticks and Fudge
- Wednesday- Just Lock Me UP, I'd be better off
- Tuesday- I woke up OLD today
- Monday- Maybe I should have stayed in bed
- ▼ December (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States