Today is my sisters birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAYNA, but I suddenly feel very OLD. My birthday was almost a month ago, as most of you know... that was surgery day. I felt young that day, and like a new lease on my life was happening. but today... today I am OLD.
Why, you might ask? Well I saw the eye Dr today. I need bifocals. OMG... when did I turn into my mother?
The entire visit was pretty much a fiasco from the beginning. We got there 30 minutes early. But didn't get to see the Dr until 30 past our appt time. The Dr was very nice. Also OLD, lol. But very nice. His wife fits the glasses and she was super nice too. But we aren't getting glasses there.
Turns out the insurance we have for vision is not with who we thought and this DR does not participate. Uh Oh. So calls to DH's secretary for coverage info, calls to the company for coverage limits, and disappointment in knowing we were going to be out some money for this mix up. So final word... we have to go elsewhere to get the glasses unless we want to pay all but $43.00 for them. I don't think so. Then we go to leave and I take out the flexible spending card to pay for the visit and they don't take credit cards only cash or check. Uh Oh again. I have $1.22 in change for cash and $18.09 in the checking account. Now what? I said I could write a check but they couldn't cash it. She decided to just bill us instead. Whew.
The drive home was fun... both DH and I had drops in our eyes. Good news no eye diseases. But let me tell you dilated pupils don't make for good driving. We made it though. Only knocked over 1 reindeer decoration. LOL not really, but it was a rough ride.
I came home and cooked dinner for DH and the boys. I even tried 5 bites the size of my thumb nail of left over Thanksgiving turkey. I didn't get sick either. I know I am a couple days early but I could tell I needed some protein.
Then I went upstairs to watch HOUSE. I don't know why but I really enjoy this show. Anyway the show tonight was about a girl who had a gastric bypass. OK it could have made me very nervous. But I stuck it out and I feel good that I will be fine. No side effects.
Oh lastly before I sign off for the night... DH hugged me today and was able to wrap his arms completely around me and even clasp his hands together. Guess maybe I am losing in places other then my FACE.
If all goes well weather wise tomorrow I am hoping for a play date in the Pool. Then a relaxing time in the hot tub. I really miss the pool. I won't swim laps until after Friday, but I can enjoy the water before then.
I am off to dream land... hopefully not to dream about Wilt Chammberlain... I mean really what's up with that?
Sweet Dreams to you all
- ► 2009 (272)
- Wednesday- Waving Goodbye to 2008
- Tuesday- Turn on the HEAT
- Monday- My Closet Explained, LOL
- Sunday- Swaps, Sweets and Sweat
- Saturday- Some Pictures of Finished Stuff
- Friday- Waving Hello to My Friends
- Thursday- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Wednesday- Merry Christmas Eve, 20th Year Annivers...
- Tuesday- Is It World War Three Already?
- Monday- Where I Live, Where I Worship
- Sunday- Snowy but Special
- Saturday- Something for Everyone
- Friday- Frosty the Snowman meets Rudolph
- Thursday- Thank You, Thank You
- Wednesday- What else could happen?
- Tuesday- Doesn't it figure.
- Monday- Dora and Boots are in the house
- Sunday- Sweet Surprises and Santa too
- Saturday- Someone Went to Sears
- Friday- Freezing Frenzy, But Fantastic Foto's
- Thursday- I Couldn't Help Myself...
- Wednesday- Well I've Gone and Done It Now
- Tuesday- Take My Blood Please
- Monday- Man That's HUGE
- Sunday- Here Comes Santa Clause...
- Saturday- So here's how it goes...
- Friday- Fiddlesticks and Fudge
- Wednesday- Just Lock Me UP, I'd be better off
- Tuesday- I woke up OLD today
- Monday- Maybe I should have stayed in bed
- ▼ December (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States