Well I was going to blog about some stuff I got in the mail today. But I couldn't let the Freezing status of New York go un-mentioned today. So instead... here are some photo's of the first winter storm.
This is a hedge we have in our front yard. It might be a little hard to see but there is more then 1/2" of ice covering those leaves and branches. Then it started snowing and the snow stuck to the ice, making for a beautiful effect. It's my second favorite picture I took today.
This is one of the Pine trees my husband planted along the side of our driveway. The weight of the ice bent one whole side of this tree right to the ground.
Actually after a closer look it appears these branches have broken right off and are not just bent down. Luckily for us the trees didn't fall into the house. Many many other New Yorkers were not so fortunate.
This is a view down the driveway looking at the garage. This is our Peach tree... in the summer when it's in full bloom and full of peaches it bends over the driveway even worse then this. So much so that when I back the car out of the garage if the window is open I'll get a few peaches in my lap as I drive by.
This is the tree right in front of my sisters house next door. Can you see the icy roadway in the background. It was pretty slippery out there.
And the last picture is my favorite... I just love the way the branches are reaching into the heavens, almost as if they were worshiping God Himself. Oh wait they are.
Isa 55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap [their] hands.
Until tomorrow... Sweet Dreams
- ► 2009 (272)
- Wednesday- Waving Goodbye to 2008
- Tuesday- Turn on the HEAT
- Monday- My Closet Explained, LOL
- Sunday- Swaps, Sweets and Sweat
- Saturday- Some Pictures of Finished Stuff
- Friday- Waving Hello to My Friends
- Thursday- We Wish You A Merry Christmas
- Wednesday- Merry Christmas Eve, 20th Year Annivers...
- Tuesday- Is It World War Three Already?
- Monday- Where I Live, Where I Worship
- Sunday- Snowy but Special
- Saturday- Something for Everyone
- Friday- Frosty the Snowman meets Rudolph
- Thursday- Thank You, Thank You
- Wednesday- What else could happen?
- Tuesday- Doesn't it figure.
- Monday- Dora and Boots are in the house
- Sunday- Sweet Surprises and Santa too
- Saturday- Someone Went to Sears
- Friday- Freezing Frenzy, But Fantastic Foto's
- Thursday- I Couldn't Help Myself...
- Wednesday- Well I've Gone and Done It Now
- Tuesday- Take My Blood Please
- Monday- Man That's HUGE
- Sunday- Here Comes Santa Clause...
- Saturday- So here's how it goes...
- Friday- Fiddlesticks and Fudge
- Wednesday- Just Lock Me UP, I'd be better off
- Tuesday- I woke up OLD today
- Monday- Maybe I should have stayed in bed
- ▼ December (31)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States