So isn't this a magnifacent looking cloud? It's a Monsoon cloud.
My friend lives in the desert, in the boonies of the desert no less, and today we had a visit from the Monsoon. It rained and rained HARD dropping inches of water on the rock hard dirt ground.
It's hard to tell from a still picture but that water covering the road was rushing like a river. Amazing. Earlier as the storm was just starting I actually drove this Honda into town to drop off my friends son to the high school gym.
There were signs all along the road saying do not cross when flooded. It looked pretty flooded to me but he said it wasn't too bad. I somehow managed to drive into town, drop him off and find my way back through the desert to her house without getting lost. This is so out of my comfort zone and I am shocked I pulled it off. LOL And once I got in the house within 10 minutes the road was a river.
We were going to go to Tombstone today but the rain stopped that outing. We might go through fast before we head out to Phoenix tomorrow. Not sure.
Other then the rain I am having a wonderful time, her boys are great, her husband to be is awesome and Cory is just the same as she was 30 years ago when we became fast friends.
Have a great night everyone, I am signing off for the night another long road trip awaits me tomorrow. Sweet dreams.
- Friday- Family and Friends Day
- Thursday- This Was Fun
- Wednesday- Puppy School Graduate-Bella
- Tuesday- The Flight Home
- Monday- Last Call
- Sunday- Sunday Best Shots
- Saturday- Goodbye's Are So Hard To Say
- Friday- Wedding and Waves...Wonderful
- Thursday- The Rehersal At The Beach
- Wednesday- Wedding Stuff Starts Today
- Tuesday- Time Flies So Fast But Some Things Never ...
- Monday- The Friends Are Starting To Arrive
- Sunday- My Bonnie Lies Over The Ocean...
- Saturday- FIREWORKS
- Friday- The Happiest Place On Earth
- Thursday- I'm Going To Disney
- Wednesday- WOW It's A Whole Other World Out There!...
- Tuesday- Teddy Love
- Monday- Maybe The Best Day So Far This Year
- Sunday- So Here They Are
- Saturday-So This Is What I Worked On Today
- Friday- Resting and a couple random photos
- Thursday- Rainbows and Toads?
- Wednesday- Walked Where Wyatt Earp Walked
- Tuesday- Monsoon Makes an Appearance
- Monday- I am in Arizona,,,OUCH
- Sunday- Skyline Church
- Saturday- Super Sunny
- Friday- Friends Found Me
- Thursday- Shining Palm Trees
- Wednesday- And The Winner Is...
- ▼ July (31)
- ► 2008 (365)
States I've Visited
visited 18 states (36%)
Create your own visited map of The United States