Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wednesday- Was that a Walk-a-bout?

I thought I blogged about this but I think I forgot. I received my Spring Exchange package in the mail last week. My cloths and goodies came all the way from Australia. I have always wanted to go to Australia, ever since Crocodile Dundee, that move made me laugh. Always wondered what would happen if I just decided to take a walk-a-bout one day. Anyway aren't the cloths great. Pink of course, my favorite color. And the key chain thing is a mini shaker, and I USE a real one to make my protein drinks so it couldn't have been a better gift. I LOVE it. Adam snagged the post card and my husband snagged the candles.
~
Today I sort of had a walk-a-bout I was out and about all day AGAIN. The day started when we left the house to go to mediation. Joe, Angie and I met with three mediators to discuss the issues involved with Angie movie to South Carolina and taking Adam with her.
~
I haven't blogged about this, I guess I was hoping if I didn't mention it out loud maybe it wouldn't really happen. I am crushed. As you all know Adam is just the moon and stars around here. He has stayed with me for at least three days and nights every week since he was born. Now he is going to beNeedless to say I have been pretty down about this but there isn't much I can do about it.
~
Adam will be staying with us for 2 weeks at Christmas and 8 weeks in the Summer and we can go down to see him anytime.
~
The really hard part... they will be leaving the end of July or the first week in August and I am going to be in California for the whole month of July. Out last month to see him and I am not going to be here. I tell you it's very hard, but I can't cancel my trip I can just hope to see him extra in June and the last week before they move away.
~
Back to the day, I was basically out from noon to 9pm. Not even a chance to stop to eat. And here it is almost midnight and I am barely awake. I do miss blogging and chatting and reading your blogs. I promise I will get back as soon as I can.
~
Have a great night everyone, sweet dreams.
~
AK

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry. My future son-in-law's ex moved away when the youngest was two and it was devastating to everyone involved. I do know that his Dad and grandparents treasure the time that the girls get to spend with them and their Dad (and my daughter) often will drive four hours so that they can be there for a basketball game.

I will keep all of you in my prayers.

magnoliasntea said...

Oh, that is devastating. I feel so sorry for you over Adam moving I can hardly type for the tears. I do know what you are going through. When my daughter quit her job last November we experienced a similar change here. I'd kept the oldest 11 years and the youngest 9 years, since their births. We are very close to the girls. I even home schooled them. When the change came and they didn't come here anymore I walked the floor crying over it (in an empty house) for three days. The good part in my situation is I can drive 30 miles and have them here occasionally. I can't imagine if they were hundreds of miles away in another state. I trust and pray the Lord will help you through this change (or put a stop to it if possible.)

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

I am so sorry AK!! :( That is some hard news to handle!! If you need anything let me know... I'll do what i can! I'll be praying for you!!
**BIG HUGS**

Unknown said...

Oh, so sorry about the heartbreak! You will definitely be in my prayers for this tough situation. Maybe time to get a webcam? I know that won't make it any easier, but you still might be able to "see" him.

Take it easy and get some rest! You will run yourself into sickness if you don't. (I know this firsthand.) And get some food into that body of yours, for goodness sake! boy, I wish I lived closer so I could come and give you a big hug and good lecture, LOL. Anyway, here's a virtual hug for you.
{{{ }}}

Robynn's Ravings said...

OH I'M SOOOO SORRY!!!! I know how much you have loved your boy! You will be in my prayers friend.

And WHERE are you going in California? You know that's where I am. But it IS a HUGE state. Let me know, will ya?

Glad you have good plans in place to have extended time with him throughout the year. That's rare these days, at least where I'm from.

Libby's Library said...

Oh Kathy...I am so so sorry. Until you become a grandmother, you just don't know how grand children can wrap themselves around your heart. I pray that you will find some comfort and peace.

Since I won't be able to see you in July, I hope that you will be close enough to visit with Robynn when you are in California.

Marissa said...

No! Oh I'm so sorry. But try to look on the bright side, for his sake. He's probably equally upset about being far from you folks. What a hard situation. You're in my prayers.

Jane said...

I'm so sorry Kathy! I know how much you will miss him. It is very obvious how much he means to you. I don't think there are very many blog posts that don't mention him. You'll have to do the web cam thing and skype so you can see and talk to him every day.

Teresa said...

Kathy, I hate this for you. What an awful turn for the whole family. If this must happen your arrangements will ease the pain. The video cam is a great idea and when you do get him home it will be for long periods of time. Again I am sorry for all of you.

Cat said...

Big Hugs for you honey! {{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}

Need Something to Read??? Say GimpyKatK sent you.

Blog Archive

Create In Me